Help! White Velvet Cake Recipe From Rose's Heavenly Cakes

Baking By kimcakes99 Updated 15 Feb 2011 , 7:10pm by LindaF144a

kimcakes99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimcakes99 Posted 14 Feb 2011 , 10:50pm
post #1 of 8

I make this recipe three times.So far the cake is just to soft,it falls apart.I think it has to much liquid.But I have done the southern coconut cake and it was perfect.It is just double the ingredients of the white velvet cake.And
coconut milk instead normal milk ,or could that do a lot of difference? icon_confused.gif
I don't know what I am doing wrong.
What do you think? what is your experience with this white velvet cake recipe?

7 replies
Tug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tug Posted 14 Feb 2011 , 11:18pm
post #2 of 8

It would be helpful if you attached the recipe so we can see what is in it

pummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pummy Posted 14 Feb 2011 , 11:33pm
post #3 of 8

Just fyi when I had issues with a Cake Bible recipe I checked Rose's site. You can even post a question there too if you don't get help here.

http://www.realbakingwithrose.com/

kimcakes99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimcakes99 Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 2:10am
post #4 of 8

Here is the recipe for white velvet cake
3 large egg whites room temperature
2/3 cup milk
2 cups sifted cake flour
1 cup super fine sugar
1 1/2 plus 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter
Well I think it has a lot of liquid.But maybe it is just me doing something wrong icon_rolleyes.gif

conchita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conchita Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 2:18am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimcakes99

Here is the recipe for white velvet cake
3 large egg whites room temperature
2/3 cup milk
2 cups sifted cake flour
1 cup super fine sugar
1 1/2 plus 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter
Well I think it has a lot of liquid.But maybe it is just me doing something wrong icon_rolleyes.gif

I think you should send them an e-mail directly, because i had a problem similar to yours with a recipe that I got from a magazine from King Arthur's flour. the recipe had the amount of ingr. wrong and they helped me.
good luck

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 5:46pm
post #6 of 8

When I make any cake from the cake bible I use just-out-of-the-fridge-slightly- warmed butter. I know it says room temp, but your room temp and my room temp are different. 68 degrees or colder seems to be the proper temp for Cake Bible butter. Try it next time.

Good luck,

Jen

Yum2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yum2010 Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 5:55pm
post #7 of 8

Yes, I agree with Jen. Was having MAJOR problems with recipes ESP containing butter. I live in south Louisiana so my room temp was a little on the higher side, not to mention the humidity here! Started using butter a little more chilled and problem solved

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 7:10pm
post #8 of 8

The liquid and egg combined weight needs to be equal or more than the weight of the sugar. In doing a quick math of the list of ingredients, I see that this is correct.

Could it be the method? I would definitely pop over to her forum site and either ask the same question, or search for the type of cake and see what others have experienced.

Oh and what size pan? Her recipes are fine tuned for the exact pan she states. Anything else and you could have problems.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%