Which Specialty Equipment Is Most Useful?

Decorating By Bskinne Updated 13 Feb 2011 , 6:10am by cheatize

cinjam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinjam Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 2:05am
post #31 of 32

I vote for the Agbay. I absolutely love, love, love it. I wish I had bought it sooner. I struggled with that Wilton POS for a long time and trying to get level cakes easily for a looong time. i should have just listened to Leahs years ago when she recommended it.

I also have an EI printer which I really like. It's nice to have to offer that option. Plus, my writing with icing is BAD. I've taken to making an EI plaque with the birthday message on it. I do make sure to run a test page (on regular paper) once a week to make sure the print heads do not get clogged. The thing with the EI printer is that it's not a one time investment; the inks aren't cheap, the frosting sheets aren't cheap

I have an airbrush too. I've never taken the time to become proficient with it. I've used it to do a water effect on the side of cakes a few times, luster dusted entire cakes with it (although the luster dust clogs it quite easily), and sprayed some things red (when I didn't to use tons of red gel to color icing). Some day I will commit the time I need to really learn how to use the thing.

I would like a Cricut, but I've read some things about the learning curve, and between the kids and work, I am afraid it would end up in the closet like the airbrush.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 6:10am
post #32 of 32

I have said "Agbay" no less than half a dozen times in the past two days.

I don't think I'm getting through to my hubby; even though he's struggling like crazy once again with the Wilton one. I even purchased the small Wilton one and we can't even get it through the outer crust.

Approximately how many times do you think one has to say, "Agbay" before husbands wise up?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%