How Do I Cover Carved Letters

Decorating By msthang1224 Updated 12 Feb 2011 , 8:36pm by msthang1224

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 1:03pm
post #1 of 4

Hi Everyone,

I have carved some letters out of CAKE and I'm not sure how to go about covering them with FONDANT. The letters have been iced in BC and now my headache begins, lol.

SHOULD I COVER THEM USING ONE WHOLE ROLLED OUT SHEET OF FONDANT AND THEM SMOOTH AND SHAPE WITH MY HANDS??

SHOULD I COVER EACH PIECE OF THE LETTER IN FONDANT ONE AT A TIME AND THEN CONNECT THEM TO FORM THE LETTER?

PS: IF AT ALL POSSIBLE, I WOULD LIKE THE SEPERATION OF THE LETTER PIECES NOT BE SHOWN ( where u can't tell that the letters are not just ONE BIG LETTER but pieces that are joined together).

Hope I explained this good :-/

TIA

3 replies
msthang1224 Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 2:29pm
post #2 of 4

Sorry, I Forgot to say that the letters I'm covering are Capital Letters " D I V A"

Thanks icon_smile.gif

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 8:19pm
post #3 of 4

The problem that I have yet to overcome is the center of the letters. The best I have come up with is to put a strip of fondant in the center of the letter, cover the letter with fondant, slice where the hole is in the letter, and then smooth it down inside the best that I can. It's not nearly perfect, but it's the best I've come up with so far.

msthang1224 Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 8:36pm
post #4 of 4

Cheatize, that exactly what I did. I have to cover up my seam but like you said, I covered it the best way I could. It took me 3 tries but I managed to get the center covered. Looks great just needs some seam coverage and I already have the plan for that.
I'm working on covering my V & A now.

Thanks for responding icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%