Help In Texas

Business By Pam0429 Updated 15 Feb 2011 , 10:22pm by Pam0429

Pam0429 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pam0429 Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 7:31pm
post #1 of 6

I have secured a commercial kitchen too do my baking in. Can anyone please tell me what too do next, I have read all thru the Texas Laws For Cake/Cookie Baking and I am just so lost now. Thanks for any advice icon_surprised.gif

5 replies
kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 8:55pm
post #2 of 6

Are you asking for advice on marketing and launching your business, or legal requirements? You should call your county's health department and follow their advice on how to proceed legally.

cplfernandez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cplfernandez Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 1:44am
post #3 of 6

Hey Pam! Come a little bit further south and we can join forces!!! I would love to be able to actually sell cakes rather than give them away!!! However, you have found a commercial kitchen, which is probably one of the biggest hurdles! Just make a checklist, and keep calling health department - add to the list, remove from the list, until all your ducks are in a row! Good Luck!! Go kick some booty!

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 5:20pm
post #4 of 6

Earlene Moore, out of Lubbock, TX has business advice, as well as a list of needed items, on her website. She also has included pictures of her kitchen.

-Debbie B.

Pam0429 Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 8:33pm
post #5 of 6

thank you guys so much for the information I am reading and requesting information now. icon_biggrin.gif

Pam0429 Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 10:22pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cplfernandez

Hey Pam! Come a little bit further south and we can join forces!!! I would love to be able to actually sell cakes rather than give them away!!! However, you have found a commercial kitchen, which is probably one of the biggest hurdles! Just make a checklist, and keep calling health department - add to the list, remove from the list, until all your ducks are in a row! Good Luck!! Go kick some booty!

thank you so much, where are you located? I am also kinda tired of giving my stuff away.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%