Cake Pops

Baking By bloodpudding Updated 11 Feb 2011 , 6:48pm by queenbeekristen

bloodpudding Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bloodpudding Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 7:46pm
post #1 of 5

I've been asked to make these for a valentines day party at work for 25 people. I've tried 2 batches and realized I need to use less frosting. Does anyone have a tried and tested recipe they could share? Also did you dip them in chocolate on the lollipop sticks or did you just leave them as a ball? Thank you!

4 replies
motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 8:12pm
post #2 of 5

there is no "tried and tested" recipe. It depends on how moist your cake is. Sometimes you need no binder at all (like my chocolate cake).

The key is to add just a TBSP of binder at a time.

Also I have done both pops and truffles

yodasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yodasmom Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 8:41pm
post #3 of 5

I agree that there is no specific recipe it depends on how moist your cake is to begin with. I would add a little icing at a time until it sticks together in a ball. For my cake pops I dip them already on the stick. Be sure when you are placing the stick in the ball to have a little melted coating on the stick so they don't fall off when dipping. I usually put the balls in the fridge for an hour between steps. I don't freeze them because that makes them crack when the coating sets. It's also easier to keep a rounded look when you dip them already on the stick and let them cool standing up on a piece of foam. Hope this helps!

Wildrose6633 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wildrose6633 Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 9:09pm
post #4 of 5

Bloodpudding you have a PM

Wildrose6633

queenbeekristen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
queenbeekristen Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 6:48pm
post #5 of 5

I agree with everyone else here - there is no tried and true recipe; it really depends on the consistency of the cake you use. Like motherofgrace said, add a small amount of binder at a time. You want to be able to make a firm ball that holds its shape. I generally like to make mine with lollipop sticks (and allow them to dry right side up, so that the top is completely round).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%