50 Cents A Serving Desserts?

Lounge By Pebbles1727 Updated 13 Feb 2011 , 4:46pm by AnnieCahill

tryingcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tryingcake Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 3:23am
post #31 of 42

I make a recipe where I take a brownie mix and add any flavor of yogurt. People go nuts over them. I typically use Raspberry. But in the fall when you can get pumpkin flavored yogurt I simply can't make enough of them.

I brownie mix
1/2 cup any flavor yogurt (reg or non-fat)
water according to package (no eggs - yogurt replaces the eggs)

Mix and bake as directed.
Super awesome!!

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 3:53pm
post #32 of 42

Chocolate Depression Cake cut into pieces?

I made a swiss roll cake recently but instead of rolling it up made two and layered it with creme fraiche, that came out in-expensive but jam would be cheaper. Depends on how many you want to serve and obviously the smaller the portions of things the cheaper per serving.

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 3:58pm
post #33 of 42

I too was going to say merinques. I made some last week for my sisters baby shower and they were awesome! The recipe I used can be found on www.marthastewart.com and they are called pink meringue drops. One recipe make 16 dozen, but they are quite small. THe recipe calls for dipping them in melted chocolate, I dipped half and left half plain, and honestly I preferred the plain ones. Good luck!

ChRiStY_71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChRiStY_71 Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 4:06pm
post #34 of 42

Cake pops are so cute! I haven't made any yet...but I'm going to try them soon. I never considered the cost of them. Even with the wisecracks this is a good thread...great ideas for inexpensive treats for different occasions.

Pebbles1727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles1727 Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 1:47am
post #35 of 42

Thanks you all, all of these ideas sound great! For this week, I ended up going with tripple chocolate poundcake with a small rosette of whipped creme sprinkled with chocolate shavings. I'll have to check out those meringues too, they sound interesting. I cannot imagine the brownies with yougurt, so will have to check it out. I need more instructions on those mini pies, if anyone can share a recipe. I checked out the pre-made mini graham cracket crusts and they are kind of expensive. How do you all do mini pies?

tryingcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tryingcake Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 1:51am
post #36 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebbles1727

I cannot imaging the brownies with yougurt, so will have to check it out. ?

I cannot tell you how many of these I sell.... Probably my highest request item next to cakes.

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 2:06am
post #37 of 42

When I make mini pies, I use pre-made pie crust dough from Pillsbury. It's in the refrigerated section. Cut it out with a round cutter, press into mini cupcake pan, put some filling in. You can cut out a shape of dough (I did snowflakes with my PME plunger cutter), or put a few small stops of dough. Then bake. Each Peterson would probably eat 2.

ChRiStY_71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChRiStY_71 Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 2:13am
post #38 of 42

I suddenly find myself craving brownies... icon_smile.gif

LisaMarie86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMarie86 Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 4:22pm
post #39 of 42

What about oreo truffles? macaroons? I bet you could be able to make them for about that much per serving.

Corrie76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Corrie76 Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 6:25pm
post #40 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentCakeBaker

You know, anything with an Oreo will be popular. Lately I've been bringing chocolate dipped Oreos to different functions and everyone flips out over them, and tell me how wonderful they are. I just laugh and tell them they can easily do the same. To save money ,you could always use almond bark and the store brand cookies. A lot of times I just dip half the cookie, then put a few sprinkles.

I just saw a great recipe online yesterday. I'm looking forward to getting an opportunity to make it. It uses one pack of Oreos and one box of brownie mix, so it should be easy to price that out.
http://picky-palate.com/2010/12/06/brownie-covered-oreos/

Oh My! those look absolutely AMAZING, can't wait to try them out!!! thumbs_up.gif

Pebbles1727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles1727 Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 7:01pm
post #41 of 42

cake in a mug? anyone done those?

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 4:46pm
post #42 of 42

No, but I have seen them in Mason Jars. You just cut little circles of cake and layer it with filling and frosting, sprinkles, etc. Then tie a bow around the jar and voila.

I think that would be over your .50 serving though, due to the cost of the mug/jar.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%