Has Anyone Used Tappits Funky Letters?

Decorating By mom2my3girlz Updated 7 Feb 2011 , 2:04pm by MsDonna

mom2my3girlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2my3girlz Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 1:47pm
post #1 of 4

I just wanted to know if anyone has Tappits Funky letters. I want to buy them but need some opinions before io purchase them. I like the way the letters look but dont see how you can get them out of the ruler stick thing. Do you have any problems with them? Any tips?

3 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 1:54pm
post #2 of 4

I use them a lot.

As with all Tappits, roll your fondant very thin using a pasta roller. Let it dry on the counter. Cut with the Tappit and then whack it on the counter (Tap It) and the letter will pop out.

If the letter doesn't pop out a) your fondant is too thick or b) not dry enough.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 2:03pm
post #3 of 4

I roll my fondant, or fonadant/gumpaste mix and even fondant , mixed with modeling chocolate on a board covered with freezer paper(bought at grocery store. The shiney side up. i tape this paper to a cake board. No need for shortening or powder sugar. I roll out on this board thin. wait a few minutes, let it set up and dry a lilttle ( i roll the medium in stips thin. So easy and so fast to cut the letters this way. If a little section doesn,t give loose to the tapping. all you have to do is use a corsage pin, or something like that (no toothpick) and THERE YOU GO!!! hth I love the funky letters. I love them all

MsDonna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsDonna Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 2:04pm
post #4 of 4

I also use tappits alot.

Leah_s quick tutorial is concise and precise on how to use them successfully.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%