Help Asap!

Decorating By squirre72 Updated 9 Feb 2011 , 12:08am by squirre72

squirre72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
squirre72 Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 4:12am
post #1 of 7

Does anyone knows of any tutorial of making a gumpaste fire hydrant? Can anyone help me, because I have no idea how to icon_sad.gif Thanks a lot!

6 replies
tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 4:29am
post #2 of 7

Just think of it as a fat sausage with a cone shaped hat on it, and a cut circle on the bottom. Oh and another smaller slice of sausage on the side "spout". Easy peasy.

cake_architect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_architect Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 4:57am
post #3 of 7

when modeling, don't always feel that you need a tutorial. remember play doh when you were a kid? its like that! look at the item, grab your gum paste, and get to molding! hth!

DetailsByDawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DetailsByDawn Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 5:13am
post #4 of 7

And google Fire Hydrant, Clip Art, then click on Images. Cartoonish images are great to model after - they're much simpler. Good luck - it'll turn out great, I'm sure!!

squirre72 Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 5:07am
post #5 of 7

Thank you all for your help. I'm just a little scare but I'll give it a try. I need to practice. Thanks again, is just a sausage with a cone hat LOL icon_biggrin.gif Let's see what happen. Thanks again!

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 8:03am
post #6 of 7

We often over think things. Just keep it simple. Everything starts with a sausage, ball, or cone shape. Even a cube is just a short sausage with the sides flattened. thumbs_up.gif

squirre72 Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 12:08am
post #7 of 7

Ok. I'll keep that in mind. It's all in the sausage LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%