Freeze Mini Cheesecakes?

Decorating By littlecake Updated 6 Feb 2011 , 5:13am by scp1127

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 11:44pm
post #1 of 4

i just baked the cutest minicheesecakes in cupcake liners...

we were thinking of adding them to the lineup at the shop, but i couldn't unless they could freeze for at least a week, so i can make them ahead on the slow days.

also what is the pricing compared to cuppies? i figured they should be a little higher.

3 replies
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 2:46am
post #2 of 4

Cheesecakes don't deteriorate at all by freezing. I have to freeze mine slightly to get them out of the pans. Just don't let ice crystals form.

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 4:27am
post #3 of 4

Cheesecake freezes awesome. I charge a lot more for my cheesecakes/cheesecupcakes then for my cake/cupcakes simply because the time to bake them takes a really really long time. I have had zero success using convection (I think that's true with custards, you can't cook them fast and the air in convection dries them out and cracks the tops) so the price is basically the baking time tying up the oven and the setting/chilling part since you can't fast cool them. My cupcake sizes are $4/each, 1 dozen minimum, $2/each for minis, 2 dozen minimum.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 5:13am
post #4 of 4

I have a conventional oven dedicated for cheesecakes. You are right, FromScratchSF, mine have to cool and partially freeze in the pans and that is money.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%