Cake Boss Software Using "bootcamp" On A Mac

Decorating By JenFailla Updated 4 Feb 2011 , 11:59pm by beesweetcakes

JenFailla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenFailla Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 6:35pm
post #1 of 2

I want to purchase the Cake Boss Software and have a question for anyone currently using it on their Mac:

How are you running this windows program on your Mac-
I hear there are two ways: (1) downloading a program like VMFusion or another emulator that lets you run Mac and Windows at the same time or (2) Using the bootcamp program that lets you run windows only on your mac until you restart the computer to then only run mac programs... eek- confusing!

I am really wanting to hear success stories from people using bootcamp since that is already on my computer and I don't really want to have to buy the other emulator programs after paying for the cake boss software. Any Mac users out there that can help a newly converted Mac'er?

1 reply
beesweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beesweetcakes Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 11:59pm
post #2 of 2

Hi! I use Parallels. It's kind of a pain as far as getting everything started up in Parallels but it does work. I start it up and walk away for about 15 minutes and let everything boot up. Once I have the program up, it works the way it is supposed to. I'm still learning the Cake Boss software. Hubby bought it for me! I don't like going into Parallels so I don't use my program a whole lot. I don't feel like it helps me very much, when I am in it. IMO!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%