Marble Cake

Baking By mmmcake0072 Updated 14 Feb 2011 , 3:05pm by mmmcake0072

mmmcake0072 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmmcake0072 Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 2:35pm
post #1 of 13

Hi! I was wondering if anyone out there has a good chocolate and vanilla marble cake? I have a customer request for 2 chocolate and van marble cakes for the same day. One is to be covered in fondant, just ar 14 inch bowling theme. And the other a large (16in) carved soccer jersey. She said she wants a really moist marble cake. I am a scratch baker and she has triedmy choc cake at another party and wants it not to be as dense. I have never made a marble cake and am STRESSED out over this whole order! 3 cakes for one day! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

12 replies
annie84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annie84 Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 2:50pm
post #2 of 13

I'm making marble cake right now and using this recipe I found on CC: http://cakecentral.com/recipes/2165/a-better-white-scratch-cake
Once the batter is made I take out 3 cups and add it to 1 cup of melted chocolate chips. Fill your pans with the white batter, pour chocolate on top and swirl with a knife. It is super moist, very light and tastes fantastic.

Make sure not to over mix the batter and 5 whole eggs can be used in place of 10 egg whites. Some comments on the recipe say that it turns out spongy but I haven't had that problem. I think the spongyness comes from overmixing.

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 3:22pm
post #3 of 13

I recently used the marble cake recipe from Martha Stewart's Wedding Cake book. It was pretty good. It's posted on her web site too with all the instructions.

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 3:35pm
post #4 of 13

I usually use my van recipe and take out a few cups of the van batter and set aside and than mix some coco powder in with the van and use it as the marble swirl. One recipe and everybodies happy.

mareg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mareg Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 3:56pm
post #5 of 13

What is a van receipe?

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 4:01pm
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mareg

What is a van receipe?

van = vanilla

As for a marble recipe, i just mix my chocolate recipe and my vanilla recipe and marble together in the pan. I don't like having another recipe when i already have two that work.

mareg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mareg Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 4:11pm
post #7 of 13

Lol. Thanks leily! I use the WASC choc. & van and mix too. Eorked out great for me.

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 6:33pm
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mareg

What is a van receipe?

van "vanilla"

mmmcake0072 Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 11:25pm
post #9 of 13

Thanks for the imput guys! She did not like my chocolate cake. She wanted a lighter one. First time I've had someone say that they thought my cake was too heavy. Thank goodness that cake was not for her! I figured that the box cakes are way fluffy so I just went out into the snowstorm to purchase a box of marble and will try to WASC it out. Never tried WASC but hope this will be the magic answer. Will post how it goes later tonight!

mmmcake0072 Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 1:29am
post #10 of 13

Okay, so I made the trial WASC marble cake, mixed fine, looks great.....however I can't tell you if it tastes good or not because I'm now sick! A couple of hours ago I was fine and now I feel like I have been run over by the snow plow that has not come down my street yet!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 1:48am
post #11 of 13

Maybe I'm just cranky today but does it strike anyone else odd that someone would say "Hey I had your cake at a party...and I totally want you to be my cake baker...but first could you please change your recipe? I didn't like that one."

icon_confused.gif

mmmcake0072 Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 1:43am
post #12 of 13

You know, when she said that to me on the phone it didn't really sink in, and even when I wrote it on here it just didn't register, but after you said that I am actually not quite sure what to think now....I am feeling a little bothered by it.

mmmcake0072 Posted 14 Feb 2011 , 3:05pm
post #13 of 13

Okay, so the cakes are done, delivered and eaten....She actually turned out to be an awesome customer! She totally loved the cakes, 2 marble and a banana. She gave me a tip on top of the huge cost of all of her cakes and is spreading the word of my work. Maybe it was just a foot in mouth situation that we have all had!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%