Help!!! Need To Stack 2 Separate 1/2-Sheets!!!...

Decorating By Jenny_Jakes_Cakes Updated 1 Feb 2011 , 11:39pm by CWR41

Jenny_Jakes_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenny_Jakes_Cakes Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 10:56pm
post #1 of 2

Hello,

I need to make a cake that is 12x18x8" but they are to be 2 different cakes so it can serve 100 people. The top layer would be a 4" thick vanilla cake, and the bottom layer would be a 4" thick chocolate cake. I need to stack them in a way that does not ruin the frosting on top of the bottom layer.

I have never stacked cakes before icon_surprised.gif, but from everything I have researched, with square or circular cakes, you could use hidden pillars and separator plates to give a little bit of height between cakes so the separator plate doesn't sit directly on top of the frosting of the bottom layer and ruin it. But they don't make separator cakes for 12x18 cakes! icon_cry.gif

Would I be able to use 2 square separator plates side by side, and just put the top 12x18x4 cake on several cake boards on top of the 2 separator plates? And if so, what size separator plates should I use?

PLEASE HELP!!!

Thank you!!

1 reply
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 11:39pm
post #2 of 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_Jakes_Cakes

I need to make a cake that is 12x18x8" but they are to be 2 different cakes so it can serve 100 people. The top layer would be a 4" thick vanilla cake, and the bottom layer would be a 4" thick chocolate cake.

You do realize that you'll be providing enough cake for 200 people, right?

A 12 x 18 x 4 (two-layer cake) is more than enough.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%