Simple Storage Question

Decorating By Jaclyn83 Updated 1 Feb 2011 , 10:13pm by lacey88

Jaclyn83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jaclyn83 Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 1:15am
post #1 of 4

I would like to store my freshly frosted (IMBC) cake at room temperature for as long as possible. Mostly I have found it takes forever to get it back to room temperature and the butter cream softened again (in my cold apartment).

However, I had already served a slice from it (well I had to try it!) and don't want it to dry out. Is there any way to do this? I might have a bowl large enough to put over the top of it, would that be enough?

Or could I take a piece of plastic wrap and place it over the cut part? Or parchment paper? I'm thinking my only other option is to cut the whole thing up and store the slices individually wrapped and sealed in Tupperware.

Thanks in advance!

I tried to add a picture of the cake (my first try on my wedding cake tasting/decorating) but it doesn't seem to be working. I'll try again later.

3 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 1:36pm
post #2 of 4

I think you need to buy a cake dome.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 3:09pm
post #3 of 4

Cake dome would be good.

Upside down bowl and plastic wrap would be good too.

Don't cut the whole thing up and run the risk of EVERY slice drying out. If necessary, cut it in half and store the two halves separately.

lacey88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lacey88 Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 10:13pm
post #4 of 4

take a piece of plastic wrap and place it directly onto the cut area. this will keep the exposed cake from getting hard. but yeah i'd definately recommend a cake dome. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%