Packaging Cookies

Baking By MARTIEQZ Updated 8 Feb 2011 , 2:43am by quietude

MARTIEQZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MARTIEQZ Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 3:53pm
post #1 of 13

I did a search to see if this question had been asked before, but found nothing.
I usually do cookie bouquets with the cookies individually wrapped.
For VDay, I am doing assorted cookies in a "Chinese Takeout" container and other thin cardboard containers. I would like to put tissue in the boxes but I'm not sure if that is food safe. Will the colors run? Do I put tissue first, then wax paper and THEN the cookies only touch the wax paper? I don't want the containers to have "grease" stains on the outside and I was really trying not to double package them by putting them in a clear pastic bag first. Any suggestions?

12 replies
love2makecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
love2makecakes Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 5:18pm
post #2 of 13

regular tissue paper is not food safe. you could buy some food safe tissue paper though from online retailers.

what about using parchment paper?

MARTIEQZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MARTIEQZ Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 7:01pm
post #3 of 13

I thought about that, or wax paper. I guess I'm going to have to look for some colored food safe paper. If anyone knows where to find it, please share.

love2makecakes Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 7:04pm
post #4 of 13

try nashville wraps. i've ordered things from there before and am happy with the service. they have live people to chat with if you have questions. i have never ordered the food safe tissue, but i have seen it on the site.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 1:16am
post #5 of 13

man, love2makecakes, you're killing me with your profile photo........i've got such a craving for that cake............

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 3:06am
post #6 of 13

you can get glassine doilies, they are decorative and grease resistant, but costly.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 1:30pm
post #7 of 13

I also love Nashville Wraps, although they have a minimum order of $25.

love2makecakes Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 5:24pm
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2bake6

man, love2makecakes, you're killing me with your profile photo........i've got such a craving for that cake............

ha! yeah, thats my favorite cake! divine dark chocolate with smbc! yummy! gosh, now i just might have to make some for dessert tonight!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 7:54pm
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by love2makecakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2bake6

ha! yeah, thats my favorite cake! divine dark chocolate with smbc! yummy! gosh, now i just might have to make some for dessert tonight!

Now you have made me want SMBC!

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 11:48pm
post #10 of 13

The WEBstaurant Store has clear plastic cookie bags (5.5x5.5) in a box of 2000 for under 20.00. With your cookies in those, you could then fill with shred or regular tissue.

KCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KCC Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 2:25am
post #11 of 13

If you need something soon use cookie tray bags cut up just big enough to line your box.

ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 2:28am
post #12 of 13

If you have The Container Store near you they sell waxed tissue paper in red dots, red check and multi stripe that I use for my cookie boxes.

quietude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quietude Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 2:43am
post #13 of 13

Hi all, do any of you guys have any suggestions for packaging chocolate covered oreos? I have my spinning leaf molds & transfer sheets - but I need help in the packaging department!

Thanks in advance,

Kim

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%