Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 4:39am
post #1 of 14

Anyone else tired of Buddy? He now has a cooking show on TLC too.[/code]

13 replies
jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 12:00pm
post #2 of 14

I've been tired of Buddy and his arrogance.

cakecraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecraft Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 12:39pm
post #3 of 14

I turned on the show for a second just to see how lame it would be. I was right. My DH's comment was that the finalists on the Next Food Network Star were much better. Buddy should really stick to the Cake Boss show, that's his element. He's not a chef.

I think TLC is just trying to milk Buddy's current fame for all it is worth. I'd be wary if I were Buddy. Remember Emeril Lagasse? 10 years ago he was EVERYWHERE. Where is he now? Back in his restaurants making good food, I am sure, but not all over TV.

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 11:08pm
post #4 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakecraft

I turned on the show for a second just to see how lame it would be. I was right. My DH's comment was that the finalists on the Next Food Network Star were much better. Buddy should really stick to the show, that's his element. He's not a chef.

I think TLC is just trying to milk Buddy's current fame for all it is worth. I'd be wary if I were Buddy. Remember Emeril Lagasse? 10 years ago he was EVERYWHERE. Where is he now? Back in his restaurants making good food, I am sure, but not all over TV.

Ditto thumbs_up.gif

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 27 Jan 2011 , 1:21pm
post #5 of 14

I hope he is banking the money, because I am tired of him and he may not last more than a couple more years. Just my opinion! icon_smile.gif

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 27 Jan 2011 , 2:15pm
post #6 of 14

Before the show, that bakery made enough to support all of those family members in a very comfortable, upper income, lifestyle. Buddy doesn't need TLC, TLC needs Buddy. They have so much business that they are moving production to a 25,000 sf warehouse. If you listen carefully and read his book, he is a brilliant businessman. Because I own a bakery, I listen closely when he gives his bits of advice. He is all business, not a dreamer. If you are a scratch baker and attempt his recipes in his book, you will find that he is a great baker. And the recipes on his show, Kitchen Boss, represent simple, everyday, italian cooking. I don't care how much drama is in the show... that's how they shoot reality tv... there are lessons to be learned.

Platinumweddings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Platinumweddings Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 8:40pm
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

Before the show, that bakery made enough to support all of those family members in a very comfortable, upper income, lifestyle. Buddy doesn't need TLC, TLC needs Buddy. They have so much business that they are moving production to a 25,000 sf warehouse. If you listen carefully and read his book, he is a brilliant businessman. Because I own a bakery, I listen closely when he gives his bits of advice. He is all business, not a dreamer. If you are a scratch baker and attempt his recipes in his book, you will find that he is a great baker. And the recipes on his show, Kitchen Boss, represent simple, everyday, italian cooking. I don't care how much drama is in the show... that's how they shoot reality tv... there are lessons to be learned.

Ditto ....

I think we should all take notes, and find out how we can get a TV show. Don't hate Buddy; do any of you guys have a TV show ????

You tell'em scp1127

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 9:21pm
post #8 of 14

I don't think anyone said they hated Buddy, just tired of his style. As far as his bakery - I think it's great and say good for him. icon_smile.gif

scp1127 Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 9:35pm
post #9 of 14

I don't like the drama either. In the book he talks about how they shoot for days and only air the drama, not a true picture. Out of all the shows, Buddy is the only one that actually gives business advice.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 11:15pm
post #10 of 14

I have his book also and he is a very astute business man...scp1127 is right ..they are doing well...enough to support all the family that works there and they all live in pretty nice looking homes....I'd love to be able to have a business like that where my kids/family could work with me etc...When the business does well they all reep the benefits...and like others have said...Carlos was doing fine before TLC came along...

scp1127 Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 11:18pm
post #11 of 14

And what if we had to spend all day with our relatives???

tobycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 5:36am
post #12 of 14

Believe it or not, I JUST saw Buddy for the first time the other day. (We don't have cable anymore, so I just see things on the internet.) I could see how he could get old pretty quickly. Interesting to hear that he's an excellent businessman though. Good for him! I wish more of us could make a living doing what we love with cake!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 3:59pm
post #13 of 14
Quote:

AAAAAUUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
icon_cry.gificon_surprised.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 4:10pm
post #14 of 14
Quote:

I do. I work 5 days a week with my two bothers, my dad and my uncle.

As far as Buddy goes, he may be a great business man, but I don't care for his show, Cake Boss. I haven't seen the other, so I can't say much about it. But the few times I saw Cake Boss it just seemed scripted to me. That doesn't mean I don't like him, I just don't like the show.

I also don't watch Ace of Cakes for the same reason.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%