Orange Chiffon Cupcake But No Frosting!! Help!!

Baking By ChefIsa Updated 26 Jan 2011 , 7:54am by ChefIsa

ChefIsa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChefIsa Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 12:44am
post #1 of 7

So, my sister's baby shower is coming up and she wants the orange chiffon cake I usually make, in cupcake form but with some sort of frosting as well. Normally when I make my orange chiffon cake we eat it as is because it's so good.

Now for my question:

Since she wants orange chiffon cupcakes with some sort of frosting, I was wondering what type of frosting would be appropriate considering it is a very light & fluffy cake?

Ex: Between Swiss, Italian, & French BC (Say you made a standard vanilla flavor using vanilla extract) which of the three has the lighter/not so thick consistency? I'm assuming French BC would be out of the question considering it contains egg yolks making it rich.

My apologies if this post is confusing/all over the place...

So in your opinion, what kind of frosting would pair up best with a cake that uses the chiffon-method? Standard Chantilly, BC, Icing, Cream Cheese, ETC? I'm speaking in terms of balance of textures, etc.

THANKS!!!

6 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 1:09am
post #2 of 7

You could use Swiss Meringue or maybe just a light regular vanilla buttercream frosting. I would just try a couple with it and make sure that it tastes good.

simplysouthern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysouthern Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 1:15am
post #3 of 7

I would do a meringue and maybe add a couple tblsp of orange liquer in the meringues mixture icon_smile.gif

BecuzImAGurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BecuzImAGurl Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 1:43am
post #4 of 7

i'll just do vanilla flavored whipped cream

FancyPantsBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FancyPantsBaker Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 2:21am
post #5 of 7

whipped cream would be really good with it, thats what I always make with my chiffon cakes

caked4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caked4life Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 3:01am
post #6 of 7

This is a very light frosting that would be perfect for your cake:

1 pt heavy whipping cream
1 small box of instant pudding(any flavor to compliment your cake)
1 tbsp extract

Pour cream in mixer bowl, pour in pudding, add extract. Mix for two minutes on medium speed.

HTH

ChefIsa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChefIsa Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 7:54am
post #7 of 7

awesome, thanks so much for the input!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%