Need Help/advice Concerning My Cricut *please & Thank Yo

Decorating By lolobell Updated 26 Jan 2011 , 3:07am by tiggy2

lolobell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lolobell Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 12:10am
post #31 of 39

just viewed Linda's recipe on You Tube. VERY cool! seems a bit time consuming of a process but i will indeed give it a try on a rainy day! i'm actually very anxious to try it.

question though: how does it taste?

And Tiggy2..THANK YOU! my husband is willing!!!! whew! off i go to locate the site and get it rolling.

appreciate your help and encouragement everyone!

KAMI_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KAMI_Cakes Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 12:39am
post #32 of 39

It does take some playing around to get used to the software. I definitely feel it's worth it. You can use any font that's already on your laptop. You can break apart certain logos, say for example, the batman logo. It can be broken into two parts which you can layer on top of each other after cutting and it will be the exact replica of the batman logo.

This is the site I purchased the software. It can be uploaded to 3 computers I think at 1 time. But only one of them can run it at a time. It does take time getting used to, but definitely worth it in the long run.

http: //www. make-the-cut. com/

lolobell Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 12:49am
post #33 of 39

thanks KAMI! appreciate the feedback! looking forward to it!

may i ask what product you use with your cutter? fondant/gumpaste/combo?

KAMI_Cakes Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 1:33am
post #34 of 39

So far I've only used wilton fondant. You have to roll it out really really thin. Almost see through actually. I've gotten it to work after a lot of trial and error. I roll it right onto the $ mat with shortening on the bottom to keep it in place. My latest posted pic shows the cricut at work. It says "Welcome Gabriel". It's customized to how I wanted it and it cut out pretty well. The "Welcome" part wasn't as perfect as I want so I still have more learning to do.

lolobell Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 1:41am
post #35 of 39

KAMI..that cake is adorable...all of your cakes are wonderful. i am FOR SURE getting the software..all of the comments made in favor of it have helped me convince my husband! i haven't posted any cakes/cupcakes i've done in some time...my work has improved over the last year but i have a LONG way to go. i feel this will help me get that professional look i've been looking for.

sigh...ahhh...weee...yahoo....so excited!

KAMI_Cakes Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 7:44pm
post #36 of 39

My only bit of advice is, don't get frustrated. It is not very simple to use right out of the box. It took me about 4 different uses before the results started to show. I've read people post that they gave up on it the very first time they used it. All I'm saying is I went through a whole lot of frustration before it started to click. This is an extremely useful tool, as long as you have the patience to master it.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 9:58pm
post #37 of 39

I roll mine on a pasta roller to # 5, 6, 0r 7 to get it thin enough.

lolobell Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 2:48am
post #38 of 39

KAMI: good advice...I will do my best to keep my patience in check and frustrations down! thank you again!

Tiggy2..thank you! i do have a pasta roller...that was to be my next question...how think you went...My machine was my Mother's. it is so old but still does the trick! every time i use it i think of my Mother's ravioli and wonder if she would mind I'm using it for fondant!!! LOL

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 3:07am
post #39 of 39

Just be sure to dust both sides with powder sugar or corn starch so it doesn't stick.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%