What Ratio Do I Add Alcohol Color To Air Brush

Decorating By pheonix31571 Updated 21 Jan 2011 , 6:39pm by TexasSugar

pheonix31571 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pheonix31571 Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 4:25pm
post #1 of 5

Hi i am using alcohol and wilton food coloring to airbrush for the first time what ratio do i need does any one know? icon_smile.gif Thanks for input

4 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 4:34pm
post #2 of 5

Well to start off I definetly wouldn't use wilton colors in my airbrush..There are tiny particle in their pastes that will clog the airbrush and no amount of alcohol will dissolve it..I wouldn't do it if I were you...Buy the proper airbrush liquids from Americolor or chefmaster...You'll be sorry if you have to tear the airbrush apart to clean..JMO icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 5:07pm
post #3 of 5

I've always used airbrush colors. When you thin down color gels you may still have clumps that will clog the airbrush.

The only think I mix with alcohol in my airbrush are luster or pearl dusts. When I do those I do a very thin mixture.

pheonix31571 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pheonix31571 Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 6:27pm
post #4 of 5

You were right about the sediment and how it is hard to get it to dissolve, but I am in a pinch and I took and strained the sediment out of it and it is working great. Thank you so much for the advice thumbs_up.gif what do you recommend for air brush paint?

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 6:39pm
post #5 of 5

Americolor has a great selection. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%