Commercial Appliances???

Business By bellaudreycakes Updated 20 Jan 2011 , 5:57pm by bellaudreycakes

bellaudreycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellaudreycakes Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 7:28pm
post #1 of 5

I might of already got the answer to this but I can't find
it. Who do I contact to find out if I need commercial appliances in my bakery? Health department? I live in Ohio. Thanks again.

4 replies
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 11:11pm
post #2 of 5

I'm afraid I can't help you on who you need to ask, but if you find out it is not a requirement, you should definitely consider commercial appliances for your bakery, even if you are starting out small and just you.

I love the fact that my commercial dishwasher finishes the cycle in 3 minutes, love that my oven can bake 96 cupcakes or 48 large cookies or 16 8" cake pans or 16 loaf pans etc all at once, also that it heats to 350 in around 5 minutes. Love that it has a speed rack underneath for me to unload quickly and cool stuff without taking up valuable counter space. I love that my undercounter fridges are so big inside and the doors close automatically.

Commercial appliances, though expensive, will save you time, money and your sanity, not to mention that they are designed and made to be used for high volume! There would be nothing worse than buying a $400 domestic dishwasher or oven to have it need repairs after 3 months of constant use.

bellaudreycakes Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 3:12am
post #3 of 5

So true! Thank you for your input thumbs_up.gif

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 6:44am
post #4 of 5

You do start with your local health dept and they can guide you to the planning commission, sanitation dept, engineering permits, etc.

bellaudreycakes Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 5:57pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you!! Just made a phone call to them today! We will see if the place gets an OK from the Health inspector!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%