How Do I Make A Lego Guy

Decorating By ambenard Updated 20 Jan 2011 , 6:11pm by ambenard

ambenard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ambenard Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 7:07pm
post #1 of 5

I'm looking for a tutorial to make a lego guy?

4 replies
Corrie76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Corrie76 Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 7:29pm
post #2 of 5

I don't have a tutorial but I recently made a Lego person cake. what I did was started with a flat "base body" shaped cut out of fondant and then cut all the parts out of fondant and attached to to the base piece of fondant. The cake is in my photos, the quality of the pictures is horrible but you can look at them to get an idea.

lanana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanana Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 5:20pm
post #3 of 5

You can find one that is really helpful here

http://dazeycakes.blogspot.com/

scroll down and you'll see it

Reimagining_Confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reimagining_Confections Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 5:55pm
post #4 of 5

On what size you want. If it small(topper for a cake), I would take a real lego guy and take him apart. Then copy those shapes in fondant/gumpaste mix, modeling chocolate. Then you could paint, let dry and attach just like the real mcCoy. Otherwise, if your figure is larger, you could use the same above but internal supports(pipe, pvc etc.- this gets more complicated) for a form and mold the above on.

I have also made larger figures in rice krispee treats(rice krispees pulvarized so treats are smoother), then cover is fondant. Same method for parts reproduction9mentioned above).

If it is cake- carved or 3-D, gets alot more complicated. I am sure others here could give you suggestions if that is the direction you are going.

Let us know when you finish it with a pic!

ambenard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ambenard Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 6:11pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for your suggestions I'm looking for a carved out of a sheet cake I will post pics when I finish it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%