How To Price Croquembuche

Decorating By CakeryBakery Updated 8 Jan 2011 , 3:26am by playingwithsugar

CakeryBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeryBakery Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 12:13am
post #1 of 7

If you have done croquembuche (sp?) for weddings how did you price them? Did you price per number needed, did you develop a small, medium, large serves xxx and price based on that method, or did you base pricing using another method. Thanks

6 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 4:38am
post #2 of 7

The pieces are not supposed to be very big, just about a 2-3 bite puff. And with all the work involved, (dough, filling, hot sugar for assembly and netting), I would charge by the piece.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

CakeryBakery Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 12:18am
post #3 of 7

Thanks for the reply. I figured pricing should be per serving, with all of the additional work I based my quote on a high level wedding cake. This client wants to serve 75 guest, I figured she should get @ least 90-100. Would you agree?

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 12:44am
post #4 of 7

No it's usually 3-4 puffs per serving.

CakeryBakery Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 2:58am
post #5 of 7

Thanks! Your suggestion of 3-4 is based on a single serve size, right? Like the size you can get from the freezer section in the grocery store?

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 3:06am
post #6 of 7

Just what I needed to know I have a consult on Wed for a croquembouche was thinking of pricing it same as a wedding cake but wasnt sure what a serving was. Havent made one before but it doesnt seem difficult just time consuming. I read that if you use the sugar it has to be made the day of. Order isnt until June so I have plenty of time to experiment.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 3:26am
post #7 of 7

Allow me to suggest that those of you who have never made pate a choux before use the Alton Brown recipe from the food network site to practice with. The instructions are extremely clear. Once you get the technique down, you can use any recipe you want.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/sweet-or-savory-pate-a-choux-recipe/index.html

Also try making my favorite, gougeres (these are savory, and are made by adding cheese, spices, and some people add cooked meats to the dough before piping). They're addictive.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%