Help With Cake Please.

Baking By newbaker36 Updated 12 Jan 2011 , 12:22am by cownsj

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 11:59pm
post #31 of 36

You might want to try cutting back on the water and making up the difference with cold coffee. So 1 cup water and 1/2 coffee. icon_smile.gif

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 12:06am
post #32 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagenthatnj

It's delicious and it takes less than 15 min to get the batter mixed. I've done it without a mixer even, when I don't feel like using it.

One warning: the batter is very thin and "liquid" but it bakes OK. It scared me the first time. When I make cupcakes with this, I use a cup to pour it into the wells, as opposed to a cookie spoon.

Thanks for that info, I would definitely have thought I had done something wrong. Good to know.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 12:09am
post #33 of 36

I think at least the very first time, you should make it as is. Try not to change anything. Almost 700 people commented on this, and a lot of those people made it. I read all the comments before buying the book (my favorite book now), and I know that a lot of people thought it was wrong because of the amount of liquid, but it turns out OK.

cownsj Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 12:15am
post #34 of 36

If I had the strength, I'd go in and bake it right now. I haven't had any cakes in weeks and weeks. But, still getting over the cold I got 4 weeks ago. I even took out cream cheese earlier to make a cheesecake, and that only takes 10-15 to get into the oven too. Later tonight I'll be cursing myself out for not having made one of these.....lol
Of course, you could bake it for me and have it here before the snow hits????????? icon_eek.gif

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 12:18am
post #35 of 36

Yikes, the snow...I gotta get out of New York city...thanks for the reminder!

cownsj Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 12:22am
post #36 of 36

You have time, I'm in Sussex County and it hasn't started here yet.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%