A Question Regarding Cuisenart 7 Qt. Mixers

Decorating By foodguy Updated 6 Jan 2011 , 1:23am by decoratingfool

foodguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foodguy Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 9:14pm
post #1 of 12

My wife gave me this machine for Christmas. For those of you who use them I have a question regarding the speed control. On my Kitchen Aid the speed adjustment clicks from one speed to the next. The speed adjustment on the Cuisenart seems to "glide" from one speed to the next with out a definitive "click".
I'm assuming that this is the way that it is supposed to operate, but just looking to those with experience with the machine to confirm this for me.

What a beautiful machine-can't wait to take it out for a test drive!

11 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 9:21pm
post #2 of 12

That's how it sounds, it's different from the KA.

foodguy Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 9:56pm
post #3 of 12

Thanks for responding so quickly.
I think I'm really gonna like this mixer.
That bowl is HUGE!!

foodguy Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 9:56pm
post #4 of 12

Thanks for responding so quickly.
I think I'm really gonna like this mixer.
That bowl is HUGE!!

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 10:07pm
post #5 of 12

I adore these mixers! I have 2 and they're just beautiful. You're going to love it! Yes, that's how the speed dial works.

diane706 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane706 Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 11:15pm
post #6 of 12

Yep, that's the way it works. LOVE mine! I've had it for 2 years now and it still runs beautifully thumbs_up.gif

saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 11:36pm
post #7 of 12

I just got one for xmas as well. Thought I could double my icing recipe...I can, but it still gets all the way above the top of the whip. However, I can triple my cake recipes...LOVE IT!!!! I had to get used to the lack of sound for the speed control. I still have my KA for smaller batches, but the cuisinart is so much quieter! icon_smile.gif

imagenthatnj Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 11:46pm
post #8 of 12

saberger, does it get all the way out? I have Sharon Zambito's DVD on perfect buttercream and actually, she advises that your buttercream covers your whole whip attachment so that you don't get air bubbles in your buttercream...unless it's spilling for you of course.

Babs1964 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babs1964 Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 11:49pm
post #9 of 12

Love mine too & yes thats what it does.

saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 11:57pm
post #10 of 12

I use IMBC and when i am whipping the egg whites, it doesn't spill out of the bowl, but gets up onto the mixer (where the whip connects). Annoying, but I can still double it. I just didn't think it would be too small for a double batch.

imagenthatnj Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 1:02am
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by saberger

I use IMBC and when i am whipping the egg whites, it doesn't spill out of the bowl, but gets up onto the mixer (where the whip connects). Annoying, but I can still double it. I just didn't think it would be too small for a double batch.

that's the one I make too. On the 7qt is fine but on the 5.5qt looks like it could spill. You must have a bigger recipe than mine though.

decoratingfool Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
decoratingfool Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 1:23am
post #12 of 12

I also got the cuisinart 7 qt for Christmas also, and i LOVE it, and i am still getting used to the smoothness of the speed dial. I still use my kitchen aid but i have lost a few speeds. But i must say i think i love my cuisinart better, who would have thought!!!! LOL Enjoy it!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%