Cake Club Ala Leah S

Decorating By bakencake Updated 1 Jan 2011 , 9:16pm by bakencake

bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 4:49pm
post #1 of 9

I really like CC and I love Leahs' cake club. Im only a hobby baker and would like to start a cake club in person in my area. I love interacting with cakers and would love to hang out with people in person who have my same hobby (and drink some wine while we are at it icon_smile.gif. I have friends that like to drink wine but not talk about cake thumbsdown.gif . so my question is how do i start a local cake club? Where can i post something to lure my cake making friends?

8 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 5:13pm
post #2 of 9

Check with your local newspaper. The newspaper where I live offers free postings of meetings information in the Sunday edition.

American Cake Decorating used to offer this type of listing, also, but I do not know if they charge for them or not.

Use the events section of CC to post your meeting dates and times.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

bakencake Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 5:18pm
post #3 of 9

Thank you Theresa. I didn't know we had an events section. Im on it!

Kaylani Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaylani Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 7:21pm
post #4 of 9

Isnt this a good place to find other cakers in your area who would like to meet?

bakencake Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 7:27pm
post #5 of 9

Kaylani, you are right! I live in the Valley Ranch area (irving) in Dallas if anybody is interested in joining!

bakencake Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 8:40pm
post #6 of 9

going to start a post

bakencake Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 9:01pm
post #7 of 9

Hi guys, I live in Las Colinas (right outside of dallas tx) I saw Leahs cake club and I thought it would be great if I started a physical club in my area to talk, share and help with cakes, cupcakes, cookies and decorations, and what ever. Let me know if you are interested.

simplysouthern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysouthern Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 9:03pm
post #8 of 9

Try meet.com they have a very organized way of finding meet up groups that have common interest and best of all....FREE!!!!!

GL

bakencake Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 9:16pm
post #9 of 9

Thank you simplysouthern! will try right now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%