12.31.10 Friday Night Cake Club

Decorating By leah_s Updated 1 Jan 2011 , 5:23pm by KakesbyKris

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 3:33am
post #1 of 35

FNCC wishes everyone a happy and prosperous 2011!

Happy New Year!

34 replies
leah_s Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 3:36am
post #2 of 35

Someone caking tonight?

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 3:38am
post #3 of 35

Happy New Year to all the FNCCrs!

No cakes here for me tonight. We're clearing out the mess from our all day "Noon Year's Eve" party. We had a bunch of our friends with kids over, got a bouncer for the kids & toasted the new year at 6pm along with Sao Paulo Brazil.

Kristy

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 3:40am
post #4 of 35

Yeah, they're all on another thread, wondering where you are. I put the link on there to here, so they should be by soon. I guess not everyone knows, yet, that you don't usually start the club until around 10:30 Eastern.

I'm not caking tonight. I'm here to wish everyone and their families great blessings for the New Year.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

leah_s Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 3:40am
post #5 of 35

Noon new years - FABulous idea! Everyone can be safe at home before the drunks are on the highways.

leah_s Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 3:43am
post #6 of 35

Hi playing,
I've only been starting the FNCC between 10:30 and 10:45 Eastern Time Zone for what 2, 3 years now?

lol

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 3:43am
post #7 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Noon new years - FABulous idea! Everyone can be safe at home before the drunks are on the highways.

It was a ton of fun. We had about a dozen kids and an inflatable bounce house. The adults took turns watching the chaos in the yard and the rest of us ate WAY too much. It was a potluck so not a lot of cooking for me. The kids felt so adult with their plastic champagne glasses of sparkling cider.

Kristy

leah_s Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 3:44am
post #8 of 35

Dear Kris on the other thread,
Frankly I've never had bc refuse to cream together. Well, maybe at first, but crank up some power on that mixer. What type of mixer are you using?

kaseynh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseynh Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 3:48am
post #9 of 35

Happy New Year FNCC's! I'm working on a b-day cake for my "adopted" Grandson. He turns two tomorrow and is very excited about cake! Guess I've better get back to it, I don't want to disappoint the little guy!

leah_s Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 3:52am
post #10 of 35

Awww New Year's baby. (missed the tax deduction for that year, though . . .)

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 3:55am
post #11 of 35

Happy New Year everyone!!! I'm spending a quiet evening at home working on a wedding dummy and baking for 3 tastings on Sunday. Hooray for Engagement Season!

leah_s Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 3:57am
post #12 of 35

Making dummies - now that's what I should be doing tonight. I've got four wedding shows in four weeks. I'm not only exhibiting, I'm on the show organizing committee.

CakeDiva101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva101 Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 4:00am
post #13 of 35

Cake club? What is it? How can I join? Caking and clubbing .... thumbs_up.gif

leah_s Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 4:05am
post #14 of 35

Diva,
We're here every Friday Night beginning between 10:30 and 10:45 eastern, for anyone up caking (for Saturday deliveries usually) who wants someone to "talk" to for company late at night and to solve problems and bounce ideas off each other. Been doing this thing right here on the Cake Decorating Thread of CC for quite a while.

PS you just joined.

CakeDiva101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva101 Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 4:10am
post #15 of 35

Cool!!! This is great news!!!! I will be here! Happy New Year! icon_biggrin.gif

luntus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luntus Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 4:12am
post #16 of 35

happy new year. just trying to tort and ice a cake for my neighbor before tomorrow. icon_smile.gif

jenng1482 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenng1482 Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 4:17am
post #17 of 35

No cakes tonight. I'm snowed in alone on New Year's Eve. My boyfriend is only 45 minutes away but snowed in where he works. We are suffering from 32mph winds, -24 degrees wind chill, and over 6" of snow in last 24 hours

leah_s Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 4:19am
post #18 of 35

Oh my jenng,
that sounds bad even for S. Dakota. What's the weather on a normal day?

jenng1482 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenng1482 Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 4:26am
post #19 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Oh my jenng,
that sounds bad even for S. Dakota. What's the weather on a normal day?

On Monday it was 45 degrees and beautiful for a SD day in December!

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 4:43am
post #20 of 35

No cake for me tonight. I received a lovely cold from daughter as a Christmas present. Can't wait to regift to my family tomorrow at our big family gathering tomorrow. LOL j/k.

I wanted to make a cake for the gathering but felt it best to stay out of the kitchen except to make hot tea.

playingwithsugar Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 4:52am
post #21 of 35

LeahS -

Such a shameless solicitation for votes! LOL!

Am I too late to cast mine your way?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

cheatize Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 4:58am
post #22 of 35

cheatize Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 5:05am
post #23 of 35

Happy New Year! Forehead kisses all around from me! icon_biggrin.gif

Now get back to that cake!

KakesbyKris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KakesbyKris Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 5:11am
post #24 of 35

Leah-Sorry I didn't know the start time of the club. I've seen it pop up but never ventured in. Didn't have a cake to make on a Friday 'til now. LOL
I have a Kitchenaid. It just doesn't seem as creamy smooth as batches I have made and it took forever to mix together. Usually I do just use crisco but with the weather being nice and cool lately, I thought I would mix half and half with butter for a better taste. I figured maybe it was a butter problem and it not being warm enough or something.

playingwithsugar Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 5:32am
post #25 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by KakesbyKris

Leah-Sorry I didn't know the start time of the club. I've seen it pop up but never ventured in.

And every time you try to get out, we're going to pull you back in!

Another new member! YaaaaaaY!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 5:43am
post #26 of 35

I did some 2011 cupcakes for poeple I work with, we all had to be there and couldn't be home/or out tonight for New years so I tried to bring some fun to work for my co workers, pictures are posted Happy New year everyone.

KakesbyKris Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 5:52am
post #27 of 35

Playing-I just keep getting hooked on more and more forums! LOVE CC! I'm hoping ringing in the new year working on a cake is a sign of things to come. thumbs_up.gif

DaPom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaPom Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 6:18am
post #28 of 35

Happy New Year everyone!
I feel for the snowed in folks... we got about 14" here in New Mexico from about noon on Wednesday until early this morning, then the clouds moved on and it's about 3 degrees outside. We are supposed to hit -8.
No cake for me tonight, but I did make a fun and great tasting cake for Christmas... I used the zebra stripe method and made a red and green/cherry & vanilla cake and let the kids (neice and nephews) use stencils and colored sugar to decorate it. Easier than cookies and a bit faster LOL.

Question -- I've been trying to upload my entry into the wedding cake contest and it's been loading for almost 2 hours... is this normal for this site or should I reboot and try again?
icon_confused.gif

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 6:31am
post #29 of 35

I just wanted to pop in an say Happy New Year to all my fellow CCers. For all you folks getting the snow, you must be getting the storm that passed thru CA last week. Man did we get a lot of rain!!!! Hope you guys do better than we did. Us CAians are sissies when it isn't sunny!!!!!

KakesbyKris Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 6:40am
post #30 of 35

This cake is going to have to kiss it's lucky BC if it doesn't end up against a wall!!!! -Vent- icon_mad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%