Source Needed 4 Leaping Reindeer Chocolate Molds For Cake

Decorating By lutie Updated 7 Oct 2011 , 9:15pm by AngelFood4

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 4:42pm
post #1 of 45

Hello, I am searching for a leaping reindeer chocolate mold to make white chocolate leaping reindeer for a cake...am unsuccessful...does anyone know a source? I do not want 'standing' reindeer, but want a larger than 'tiny' mold.

There was a red fondant cake that had them on it in the Most Saved this week and when I saw the reindeer, I was so excited because they were the exact ones I have been seeking...the problem was the person who made the gorgeous cake said someone had gotten them (they were gum paste) from a bakery going out of business...

Could someone please help? Thanks in advance.

44 replies
Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 5:01pm
post #2 of 45

Try this link to Life of the Party candy molds:
http://www.lifeofthepartymolds.com/category.php?search=reindeer
and
http://www.lifeofthepartymolds.com/category.php?search=C188

I just made the C188 molds for a gift tray--they were SO cute! My C188 reindeer measure 3"x3"

Apti Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 5:10pm
post #3 of 45

I just found the red cake you were talking about, I remember going WOW! when I saw that too. Although the reindeer in my C188 are not as elegant or tall, they should work very well to recreate the red fondant cake.

lutie Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 1:45am
post #4 of 45

Apti, thanks so much for the website. They would do, but my heart has been looking for those exact reindeer (is not that the silliest thing?). I even went to the German and Austrian Google to see if I could find them there...no luck yet!
Yes, that was a beautiful cake, was it not? My heart sung when I saw my coveted reindeer...so, if you come across them, remember me.

Merry Christmas!

Apti Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 2:56am
post #5 of 45

You are very welcome. Yes, I agree, those reindeer WERE stunning! But remember WHATEVER you end up making, your recipients will think it is gorgeous!!! Merry Christmas!

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 3:24am
post #6 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apti

I just found the red cake you were talking about, I remember going WOW! when I saw that too. Although the reindeer in my C188 are not as elegant or tall, they should work very well to recreate the red fondant cake.

I have been hunting the internet to no avail to find those molds. And so has the person who made the cake. Please, if you do find them post your results here. There are a lot of us who would be very happy!

lutie Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 8:23pm
post #7 of 45

I guess I will try to find a reindeer on sale after Christmas that looks like this and make a mold of it...has anyone ever done that?

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 8:28pm
post #8 of 45

Lutie, are you talking about Angela's red cake with the white reindeer?

She has a blog that I read, and I think in that blog she said her friend had found some similar reindeer. I'm going to put the link to her blog here and if that's the cake you like, then somewhere in the text she mentions that.

http://sugarsweetcakesandtreats.blogspot.com/

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 8:29pm
post #9 of 45

I remember seeing that cake too. I so WISH the person who made that cake still had one of the gumpaste reindeer left, they could make their own mold of the reindeer from it. icon_sad.gif

lutie Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 8:40pm
post #11 of 45

Imagenthatnj, I really appreciate you giving me her blog address...she had an update and said that a friend found something 'close' on Fancy Flours...I had seen it when I had been searching...it is close, but not the classy look I have been seeking.

We will persevere! It has to exist somewhere...I will keep on searching ...hopefully, many others will, too! Merry Christmas! Hopefully, by next Christmas we will all have this mold! thumbs_up.gif

lutie Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 8:42pm
post #12 of 45

That one on the kiwi site looks pretty close! icon_smile.gif

AngelFood4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelFood4 Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 9:09pm
post #13 of 45

I'm tickled pink seeing my cake being talked about. The good news is that I DO have 1 broken reindeer left (both antlers broke off) and I am planning on making a mold of him to share with you all - I have just been too busy and haven't gotten around to ordering the silicone and get it done. I'll keep you all posted.

Thank you for looking too....I've been scouring the internet to find them but have not been successful. The Kiwi Cakes one look really nice.

Happy Holidays!

imagenthatnj Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 9:18pm
post #14 of 45

Angela, when you make them, will you sell the molds? I want one too! I could order the ones from NZ, but yours are a lot better. They're looking back and they have both antlers (even if they break later...lol). They're more 3D.

Those deer are really nowhere!

Happy Holidays to you too!

Apti Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 9:21pm
post #15 of 45

Angela, I went to your www site and found out you donated that gorgeous cake to an Orange County charity (sounds like a fabulous charity BTW). I live just east of San Diego. If you're ever down here, give me a shout.
Do you have a cake business?

dcarylmk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dcarylmk Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 10:21pm
post #16 of 45

I have searched and searched the internet for the mold for the leaping reindeer that lutie talked about, but I have come up empty handed. icon_cry.gif AngelFood4 I would love to purchase a mold if you are able to make a mold and sell one. The reindeer cake was awesome! icon_smile.gif

AngelFood4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelFood4 Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 11:17pm
post #17 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apti

Angela, I went to your www site and found out you donated that gorgeous cake to an Orange County charity (sounds like a fabulous charity BTW). I live just east of San Diego. If you're ever down here, give me a shout.
Do you have a cake business?

I will. No cake business. Just making them for friends and family...dreaming of opening up a shop some day in the future - My kids are too young (3 or 7).

lutie Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 12:37am
post #18 of 45

Angela, do you know how excited I was to see the 'reindeer of my dreams' icon_biggrin.gif on your cake? I have thought of pretty much nothing other than "it does exist" this whole Christmas Season... it is so much fun to see something for which you have been searching for years to show up so unexpectedly and so absolutely beautiful! For that, I thank you.

Since I requested the help of everyone on this glorious site (can you tell I am so excited still?), I must ask you to include little ol' me when you get the mold completed. In fact, if you could make an extra mold I would be so interested in purchasing it from you. My Reindeer Dream would actually come true icon_lol.gif

Thanks so much for considering my request. I must tell you that your cake is stunning, as is your blog.

A Fellow CC'r
Lutie

LindaF144a Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 4:25am
post #19 of 45

I used to live in Laguna Niguel. We had an apartment in Alison Viejo for 3 months before we bought our house in LN. I miss it there, especially on those really cold days here. But had to go where DH 's job took him. We were fortunate though to get back to my hone town and family. But still I miss that ocean smell.

I'll buy a mold too.

Pam57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pam57 Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 5:08am
post #20 of 45

Loved your cake. I would also be interested in buying the reindeer mold.
Please email me if you are selling them. Thanks, Pam
[email protected]

galliesway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galliesway Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 12:43pm
post #21 of 45

As soon as I saw the "reindeer cake" into the favorites it went! I have to agree it just felt like Christmas! You really captured the spirit in that cake! Kudos to you for donating it! I too, would buy that mold!

Kelley

online_annie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
online_annie Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 1:48pm
post #22 of 45

I would love a mold of this as well! Please keep us posted!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 2:51pm
post #23 of 45

Me for a mold too.....

infinitsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infinitsky Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 3:54pm
post #24 of 45

Angela, count me as one too. I will buy a mold if you make it.

I am only a hobby baker but imagine how fun it will be to make a cake like that for school teachers or family Christmas party. Ofcourse my cake will not be as beautiful as yours, but no one around me decorates cakes so it will impress them. icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 4:05pm
post #25 of 45

What a great thread!! I have the reindeer cutters from Jennifer Dontz, but they're just gumpaste cutters. Pretty though!! icon_biggrin.gif

Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 4:17pm
post #26 of 45

AngelFood4 -- you'll make a nice profit off of the molds, as I too am interested in purchasing one. That cake was soooo gorgeous and it was very generous of you to donate it. You definitely have the Christmas spirit! Please remember me when you make the mold. My email address is in my profile. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful cake with us!!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 5:41pm
post #27 of 45

By the way Angela, I'm a huge new fan of your blog! icon_lol.gif

LindaF144a Posted 19 Dec 2010 , 3:34am
post #28 of 45

I bought a cookie cutter from Williams-sonoma that you all might be interested in seeing. It is a cutter, not a mold. The Reindeer is leaping, but the head is not turned. Still it is the most sophisticated version I have seen yet.

If I can find a link I wil, try to post it. But if you have a Williams-sonata in your area ,it might be woth the trip to the mall to see it.

greengyrl26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greengyrl26 Posted 19 Dec 2010 , 3:45am
post #29 of 45

Me for a mold too! icon_smile.gif

rockshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockshell Posted 19 Dec 2010 , 3:58am
post #30 of 45

Kiwi cakes buys a lot of her products from off shore. I would flick her an email to find out where she gets them from.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%