Grrrrr....broken Whirlpool Convection Oven!

Decorating By KimmyKatCakes Updated 24 Dec 2010 , 11:03pm by 1234me

KimmyKatCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimmyKatCakes Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 7:03pm
post #1 of 3

Ladies,

So my oven decided to go out the other day while my daughter was making her companies desserts. It is only 3 years old and not used a ton, so not sure why it went out. According to the repair guy it is the control panel and it is $180 to replace (ok, thought it could be more so I am happy). But wait....the part is on back order til FEBRUARY!! After looking up this part trying to find it, I came across a 100 or more websites with complaints from others who were needing the same part. Some other people have been waiting since AUGUST!

So now at this point I am nervous I might not have my double convection oven ever work again! Does anyone else own this type of oven or had issues? I will have to make the cake pops out of my toaster oven in the mean time, LOL

2 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 10:41pm
post #2 of 3

I also have a whirlpool gold double convection oven. It's only 2 years old and so far (knock on wood) no problems. However, the refrigerator went out after 1 year. Thankfully it was still under warranty as it was almost $400 to repair. The repair man still said that whirlpool was the best appliances...............go figure.

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 11:03pm
post #3 of 3

I can post your EXACT post ...well almost! Mine is not convection.

I own a Whirlpool double oven that is only 5 years old. My husband gets the items at cost because his company has a deal with Whirlpool so replace the oven would cost me $1500.

The control panel on mine went out 2 weeks ago while I had it doing self-cleaning. Had the local repair guys out and they said a new control panel needed to be ordered and it would be $180. No problem - it should be here by Thursday. They called me that afternoon and the part is on back-order until Jan 24. Like you, I looked online and even called Whirlpool and they said there was nothing they could do about it. There are already 2500 of them on order for others with the same problem!

Luckily, my husband got me another oven that I can use until I get my double oven fixed. I could go on and on and on about how mad I am at Whirlpool but the words would all be deleted because they would be harsh and full of profanity icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%