Disappointed....

Baking By PieceofCake701 Updated 13 Dec 2010 , 3:50pm by traci_doodle

PieceofCake701 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PieceofCake701 Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 3:23pm
post #1 of 3

This last weekend my husband and I went out of town to finish our Christmas shopping and I saw the cutest little cupcake shop so of course we had to stop. The shop was adorable! I bought two cupcakes....one red velvet and one coconut. They looked beautiful. I always stop into these little shops to check prices to make sure I am in the ball park and to see all the different ideas.
We were on our way home and my husband and I decided to share the red velvet cupcake. The cupcake was way over cooked and the frosting was store bought....right out of the can. I was so disappointed.
I would have thought if you were going to go to all the trouble of having your own shop everything would be homemade. The small business I have wouldn't have lasted a day if I used store bought frosting.
It was the same with the coconut cupcake...it was way over cooked and the frosting was the same as the red velvet....out of a can.

2 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 3:39pm
post #2 of 3

To be honest, many businesses use all sorts of ready made products, which taste good.
But if all this shops products tast like that, they probably won't be around for long!

Uk supermarkets are cashing in on the cupcake fad, they look so good, the discription makes your mouth water... The taste makes you regret trying something new! Bland and blah.
xx

traci_doodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci_doodle Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 3:50pm
post #3 of 3

Bummer! Makes you wonder why they thought opening a shop was a good idea. Sounds like they won't get many repeat customers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%