Jesus Birthday Cake

Decorating By cakes4ck Updated 13 Dec 2010 , 1:13am by sumerae

cakes4ck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes4ck Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 8:02pm
post #1 of 12

I have been asked by a friend of mine to do a sheet cake for her church's Christmas program. I personally don't like sheet cakes but that is what they requested. However, I want to make it look nice. Any ideas on decorations? She said last year, the person did a star on it, but she doesn't care what I do.

11 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 8:30pm
post #2 of 12

specifically his birthday? could go for standard 'happy birthday' balloons and streames. could do a present - are u using fondant? could work as fbct too.
xx

mickeypanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mickeypanda Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 8:49pm
post #3 of 12

Maybe you could have balloons and streamers but have a baby in a manger in the middle.

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 9:48pm
post #4 of 12

I do a small one every year for the family Christmas. Here is the first one I did. I use a baby mold now, and Jesus looks much better!

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1313282

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 10:09pm
post #5 of 12

How about a "stained glass window" cake. You can use bc icing to pipe the "lead" lines and used thinned gel to flood the color areas. I use tonic water and it makes the gel taste better. I tried my first one last week, just to see if I could do it. I did it quickly, not taking the necessary time to make it just perfect, but still got a decent cake done and the whole thing took me about half an hour. (I did an 8" round cake). I was surprised it was as easy to do as it was. There are some ideas for them on here if you do a search, or just do a google search for stained glass window patterns.

grandmomof1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmomof1 Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 10:53pm
post #6 of 12

A silhouette of the Nativity Scene would look nice and if you had to write something on it, "Happy Birthday Jesus."

ccc407 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccc407 Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 10:57pm
post #7 of 12

Under the Cake Central links near the top of the page, do a search for "manger" and there are some really terrific cake pics there. HTH!

au_decorator_76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
au_decorator_76 Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 11:10pm
post #8 of 12

I really like the stained glass window!

SugarFiend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFiend Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 11:49pm
post #9 of 12

I would do something with a Little Drummer Boy theme, personally - if left to my own devices. The song seems to capture the spirit of Christmas to me - giving what you can, giving of yourself. I always, ALWAYS get choked up at the end of the Bob Seger version of the song, when he sings, "...then he smiled at me..."

But that's just me.

icon_smile.gif

tarynmay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarynmay Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 12:06am
post #10 of 12

A full on nativity scene or if want less work maybe just the baby jesus in the manger with a couple of wee animals standing around?

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 12:39am
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmomof1

A silhouette of the Nativity Scene would look nice and if you had to write something on it, "Happy Birthday Jesus."

I like the nativity scene, it reminds me most about Jeses' birth and is definatley the meaning of christmas. I think a FBCT would look great for this you can do them in pieces and it would be perfect.

sumerae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sumerae Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 1:13am
post #12 of 12

I saw one on here, covered in navy colored fondant, silver fondant accents, of the Bethlahem scene and the nativity, let me see if I can find it, I LOVE it!

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1857106

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%