Online Cake Decorating Stores In Us

Decorating By alecialondon Updated 12 Dec 2010 , 5:25pm by giraffe11

alecialondon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alecialondon Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 12:12am
post #1 of 7

Hi there,

I'm from London but I'm visiting my inlaws in Chicago over Christmas and there is loads of cake dec stuff I want to buy which I can't get in the UK and then a few other things which are much cheaper in the US. I won't have time to shop so I want to order it all online and get it delivered to the inlaws house.

I don't want to bombard them with parcels (especially at this time of year!), so I would really some suggestions for a couple of really good, comprehensive and reasonably priced online stores that I can order from?

Thanks for your help!
Alecia

6 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 12:17am
post #2 of 7

I highly recommend f o n d a n t s o u r c e. com (eliminate all spaces) and globalsugarart.com. I've used both and had good experiences all around.

If you use the first company, enter cakecentral as a promo code and you get 10% off.

HTH
rae

kimbm04r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimbm04r Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 12:40am
post #3 of 7

One to check out is countrykitchensa dot com (The Country Kitchen SweetArt from Fort Wayne, Indiana...about 4 hours from Chicago..One hour from me..I have shopped there many times) and another would be wilton dot com (in Woodbridge, Illinois....close to Chicago).

microbiology1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
microbiology1 Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 12:59am
post #4 of 7

thebakerskitchen dot net

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 4:38pm
post #5 of 7

www.kitchenkrafts.com is another one, they're in iowa bout 5 hours away from Chicago (not that the distance really matter since your're shipping) but will cut down on shipping time.

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 5:04pm
post #6 of 7

I would also recommend Country Kitchen, Sweet Art in Fort Wayne, Indiana. They carry almost everything, ship promptly and their prices are excellent. I don't bother with other companies any more. I believe that they also ship internationally. They are really nice over the phone too, so if you have cheap international calling you could talk directly to them.

giraffe11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giraffe11 Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 5:25pm
post #7 of 7

As a couple others have mentioned, I love country kitchen sweet art. Their selection is great, prices are reasonable and they have THE BEST customer service!!!! Quick shipping and I am never disappointed. I have also used kitchenkrafts and fancy flours and they are fine as well. Selection is more limitted and prices are not as good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%