Tie Dye/marble Color Fondant

Decorating By cassi_g16 Updated 9 Dec 2010 , 5:59pm by tracycakes

cassi_g16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassi_g16 Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 4:52pm
post #1 of 2

I need to make tie dye fondant for a peace sign, hearts, and stars cake i am doing for a 7 year old little girls bday cake. I need pink, purple, blue, green and yellow to be in the end product. My question is:

Do I start out with a small amount of each color needed or just the pink, blue, and yellow, and let them muddle to make the purple and green?

How much will the colors mix when twisting, folding, and kneeding? I don't want it to look like Rainbow Bright threw up on it! I want there to be color definition....if that makes sense....

I've never marbled fondant before....Help!

1 reply
tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 5:59pm
post #2 of 2

Roll out ropes of the fondant colors that you want. If certain colors will mix, I don't make ropes of those colors.

Lay out a rope, put another color on top, and continue until all of your ropes are stacked. What I do then it twist the rope. once you twist it, I roll it into a ball, roll out a rope again, twist, etc, until I get it like I want it. At any point, you can roll it out and see what it's looking like.

I would use a small amount of fondant and do a test before using a large amount. it's really easy and hard to mess up.HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%