Cake Moist

Baking By justdessertsbyyesi Updated 7 Dec 2010 , 2:10pm by Karen421

justdessertsbyyesi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justdessertsbyyesi Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 12:16am
post #1 of 9

HELP! NO MATTER WHICH CAKE BOX I USE, MY CAKE IS NOT MOIST AND IT IS CUMBLING.. HOW DO I AVOID FROM THAT! HELP

8 replies
fondantgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgirl Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 12:36am
post #2 of 9

I make WASC(white almond sour cream cake) for all my cakes. The recipe can be found on this site. Also love these variations of the recipe too. https://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs

For my cupcakes I just use the lowfat recipe on the back of Duncan Hines cake mix box! icon_smile.gif very moist cupcakes!!!

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 12:53am
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by yessi1

HELP! NO MATTER WHICH CAKE BOX I USE, MY CAKE IS NOT MOIST AND IT IS CUMBLING.. HOW DO I AVOID FROM THAT! HELP

I find that if you are gonna use a boxed cake than DH is the best, I think that if it is crumbling than either you need to adjust your temp of oven or not cook it to so long. It sounds like it is being overcooked! HTH

cakinallday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakinallday Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 1:26am
post #4 of 9

Yes, Duncan Hines is good. Make sure you dont over bake....

Sharonvdberg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sharonvdberg Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 12:04pm
post #5 of 9

try and grate an apple into your mix

Ambar2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ambar2 Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 12:20pm
post #6 of 9

MAYBE PUDDING MIX!

JackiesCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JackiesCreations Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 12:52pm
post #7 of 9

Slow bake on low temp icon_smile.gif

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 1:10pm
post #8 of 9

I agree with the others. Sounds like you are overbaking. Bake your cake at the recommended temperature but shorten the baking time by 10-15 minutes in order to check to see if the cake is done. Insert a toothpick in the middle of the cake and if anything at all comes out on it then keep baking. If it's batter, bake for another 10 and recheck. If it's just some crumbs, do 5 minute intervals.

Also buy an oven thermometer. Your oven might be baking hot.

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 2:10pm
post #9 of 9

Yes, the lower fat recipe is very moist, but so is the WASC and the 3D durable cake for carving.(NOT low fat lol) I would bake at 325, for a little longer, but do not over bake. Then I cool my cakes for about 10/15 mins. wrap them in wax paper, saran wrap, and foil and stick them in the freezer to lock in the moisture.

icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%