I Love My Cricut!

Decorating By MommaDukes Updated 15 Dec 2010 , 6:44am by diamonds-and-rust

MommaDukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommaDukes Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 4:50pm
post #1 of 7

Santa, I was a really bad girl. I opened my Christmas present!
I have a cake due Thursday night with butterflies on it. I said self, I bet that Cricut will do butterflies in a flash. SO, I opened it up and started playing.
First butterfly was almost perfect, just needed to be cut a little deeper.

6 replies
Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 5:36pm
post #2 of 7

Isn't that the best feeling?

I was naughty too, and ordered myself the Martha Stewart version and Elegants Cakes cartridge over the weekend, and a new 24 x 48 stainless table for it to sit on at the bakery, should be here next week.

I am anxiously watching my window for the UPS truck! Can't wait for my new toys! icon_biggrin.gif

caked4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caked4life Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 6:21pm
post #3 of 7

I bought the cricut cake mini. I lucked up and got two cartridges at Michaels for $4.99 a piece, about 20 packs of frosting sheets for $1.79 a piece, and blades for .99 a pack.
Haven't taken it out of the box yet, but this weekend....lookout mini!

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 4:09pm
post #4 of 7

Mine arrived on Sat and I took it out right away and tried it out with a piece of regular old room temp gumpaste, and had no problems with it whatsoever. I have to say I'm probably in love. Worked like a dream, amazing how many cool things it does.

I Love it!!!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 7:38pm
post #5 of 7

if mine was in the house it would be unwrapped and being used this week. But it's at my MIL's house icon_sad.gif guess they knew i'd use it if it was here. Maybe i'll get luckly and it will show up before christmas!

Also, if you guys missed the other topic posted recently if you purchased your cricut cake between Oct 25th and Dec 31st, you can mail this form in and get two free cartridges and an apron. Just $11 S&H I don't have mine yet, but i made sure that it was sent in already!! So i won't have to wait so long.

http://www.cricut.com/cake/cakepromo.aspx

Also, if you purchase the Gypsy and register it before Dec. 31st (this goes for all past purchases too, they don't have a purchase date requirement) you can get 5 free cartridges downloaded to it. I happen to find this one b/c my SIL just bought one last week.

http://www.cricut.com/gypsy/promo/default.aspx

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 8:02pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks for the info.

diamonds-and-rust Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamonds-and-rust Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 6:44am
post #7 of 7

yep hun, didnt I tell ya??? icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%