Just A Fun Story To Share....

Decorating By tracycakes Updated 30 Nov 2010 , 7:57pm by cownsj

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 5:06pm
post #1 of 3

A couple of weeks ago, I had an order for a 5 tier wedding cake and a groom's cake that was a keyboard. I have done a couple keyboards before and they are pretty easy for me to do. I had taken on too many orders that weekend so I worked late into the night/morning. I had carved and covered the keyboard cake at night. The next morning, I finished the details for the keyboard but just hit the wall and didn't do as much as I wanted, I was just too tired. It was OK but not my best.

So, I get to the wedding venue and they have a huge setup at the end of the room for the wedding cake; big banner, big table, etc. Right next to it, was a small table for the groom's cake. He is into music so it had some musical decorations and such on it, so it wasn't just the cake. We had finished setting up and I was taking pictures. The brides grandmother had been in there hanging out and as I was taking pictures, she came up to my husband and quietly asked "Isn't there a groom's cake?" My husband replied "yes, it's sitting right there on the table." She looked, got embarrassed and said that she wondered why the DJ's (who were setting up at the same time) had left a keyboard on the table. icon_biggrin.gif

That really made me feel much better. I'm just so glad that customers can't see the vision in my head.

Just felt like sharing that. I thought it was pretty funny and she has no idea how much better she made me feel.

2 replies
yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 7:47pm
post #2 of 3

Lol! That's the greatest compliment! You go girl!

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 7:57pm
post #3 of 3

What HUGE compliment. It doesn't get better than that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%