Cream Cheese Icing

Baking By Balusekc Updated 23 Nov 2010 , 3:29am by KJ62798

Balusekc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Balusekc Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 3:14am
post #1 of 3

I'm making a rifle cake for a friend of mine and he is wanting red velvet. I want to use a cream cheese icing, but I will be using fondant and making it a couple of days in advance. I have read that there is a recipe that I can use than can sit out, but I haven't been able to find it. I have also read that you can put fondant in the fridge. I have been told NOT to do this and I am afraid to do it (I use Satin Ice). Please help me find a recipe that can sit out, or let me know if it is okay for the fondant to go into the fridge.

2 replies
Jenala87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenala87 Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 3:27am
post #2 of 3

I use Satin Ice and I put it in the fridge if I am using fruit filling or cream cheese and it always works out just fine for me.

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 3:29am
post #3 of 3

I put Satin Ice in the fridge all the time. It's fine. It might look a little shiny/wet when you first take it out. That will evaporate, just don't touch it or it will get fingerprints.

Can't help you on the cream cheese frosting. I'm testing out the crusting cream cheese recipe from here on CC tomorrow. Not sure if it is stable at room temp.

Kristy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%