Chocolate Roses On Wires?

Decorating By ShuggaNay Updated 29 Nov 2010 , 8:48pm by ShuggaNay

ShuggaNay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShuggaNay Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 8:01pm
post #1 of 9

I am planing on doing a vase cake for my mothers birthday at the end of the week & wondered if anyone can help me icon_cry.gif ! I am not sure how to get the chocolate roses on wire. I have done all kinds of roses material wise & she wants them to edible (hates gumpaste)! I just cant figure out how to get the chocolate roses on the wire. Wired flowers are a new thing for me.
Thanks for any advise you can give!

8 replies
kristanashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristanashley Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 8:28pm
post #2 of 9

tootsie rolls! use them just like you would gumpaste... i do this for my 2 year old all the time and she thinks i'm the coolest. icon_smile.gif

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 8:52pm
post #3 of 9

hI , i have never wired chocolate roses, but have seen it at the ices convention. use your modeling clay recipe. Make all the centeres first. let set up few days. then make each petal. am i making sense. this is not using the all in one cutter , but making each petal seperate. you don,t even have to use a petal cutter. just put the ball of chocolate under plastic . mash out a litte. thin edges and wrap around cone. again,i have never done this on wires. if it get too warm they could fall off wire. maybe someone on here does it on wires and sees this. the lady that demoed says she does it all the time.

ShuggaNay Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 9:04pm
post #4 of 9

Thanks You very kindly! I will try my hand at the icer 101 method as I need to color the chocolate red. And yes it makes plenty since. I have done the chocolate roses like that before but have never allowed them to set up just kept on wrapping! Thanks again!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 9:23pm
post #5 of 9

hi, this is also interesting, hope it will help, making the paste this way would be even stronger. and it is still good. have made this before at our cake meetings

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/2091/white-chocolate-paste-for-making-roses/print/

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 10:37pm
post #6 of 9

I don't know how narrow your vase will be or how many wired roses you'll be using, but keep in mind that they can weaken your cake causing it to split. You might consider placing all of them into one central hollow tube to keep the wires from ripping through your cake.

ShuggaNay Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 2:02am
post #7 of 9

Thank you 101Icer for the link.... i will definently give this a try.. I can see why this would make the paste stronger due to the liquid sugar...Thank you.... thank you ... thank you...Also CWR41... I had never thought of that ( the cake spliting from the weight of the flowers)... would putting them into the one tube still allow me to arrange them or will that make them all appear to be coming from the same place?
Thanks Again!

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 2:36am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuggaNay

Also CWR41... I had never thought of that ( the cake spliting from the weight of the flowers)... would putting them into the one tube still allow me to arrange them or will that make them all appear to be coming from the same place?

Yes, it would appear that they're all coming from the same place--the opened top of the flower vase. I don't know the diameter... if it's narrow (like a bud vase), or wider (like a full-size jar or pot). If it's wider, you could use a few hollow tubes, but not too many because the inside of your cake will look like swiss cheese and fall apart. HTH.

ShuggaNay Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 8:48pm
post #9 of 9

Hi I hope that this is not against any rules but I wanted to thank you all so much for all of your advise on how to go about accomplishing this cake. I have posted the link below (not really sure how this work but it is a pic from my cakecentral folder). MY MOTHER LOVED IT! SHE SAID IT WAS JUST WHAT SHE WANTED. icon_biggrin.gif
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1880972.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%