Cake To Feed 1000 ,help

Decorating By lindav76 Updated 3 Dec 2010 , 10:47pm by lindav76

iamcakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamcakin Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 7:14pm
post #31 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

So yeah ...... they're HEAVY. take a couple of strong good 'ole boys with ya!

Try to get good 'ole boys that will LISTEN when you say, "Go carefully, and hold it level"!! icon_rolleyes.gif

lindav76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindav76 Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 2:53am
post #32 of 43

yes this is a quince (15) birthday ,i spoke to the grandmother who is paying for the cake ,she said they had 700 confirmed up to now ,the mother of the 15 is a social worker here in town ,the grama is related to the state reprisentative,or so i heard this in a local beauty shop ,i wouldnt have the courage to ask any of this ,their paying 1750.00 for this cake ,this is a small town were everyone is worried about their social events and" mine has to be better than hers " being this my first big cake in town ,i will say that i am the only one around here that works with fondant .my cakes are always very heavy so i will take it and put it together at the reception hall i will bake two layers for everyone of these 5 inch to 6 inch high so ill probably feed more that way.and by leaning she meant that the top tiers be placed in a way that it looks like their about to fall over since its a mardi gras ...

Erin3085 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erin3085 Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 3:01am
post #33 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindav76

yes this is a quince (15) birthday ,i spoke to the grandmother who is paying for the cake ,she said they had 700 confirmed up to now ,the mother of the 15 is a social worker here in town ,the grama is related to the state reprisentative,or so i heard this in a local beauty shop ,i wouldnt have the courage to ask any of this ,their paying 1750.00 for this cake ,this is a small town were everyone is worried about their social events and" mine has to be better than hers " being this my first big cake in town ,i will say that i am the only one around here that works with fondant .my cakes are always very heavy so i will take it and put it together at the reception hall i will bake two layers for everyone of these 5 inch to 6 inch high so ill probably feed more that way.and by leaning she meant that the top tiers be placed in a way that it looks like their about to fall over since its a mardi gras ...

Only $1750?? She is getting a steal, especially considering the design she wants and how much time it's going to take you to fill such a humungous order. icon_surprised.gif

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 3:52am
post #34 of 43

$1.75 per serving for a fondant cake? Yikes! That's a lot of work for someone to get buttercream prices from years ago. icon_surprised.gif

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 7:23am
post #35 of 43

also; on the subject on "serving numbers" alot of people cut bigger slices then the standard size; i know i do, so that may be the reason behind her wanting the 200 extra.

doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 8:11am
post #36 of 43

YUP! We Hispanics go all out for our daughters Quinceneras! It's a tradition, and we usually have huge families. It's almost like a wedding, except there's no groom.
My daughters quince (15 yrs ago!) was a pretty big deal too. 500 guests for the reception and another few hundred that showed up just for the dance!
By the way, in case anyone is wondering how to pronounce Quincenera, it's kin-say-ni-e-ra

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 11:46am
post #37 of 43

But what does it mean?
Is it similar to a *coming of age* Birthday.

Over here when a girl turns 16 - its a special birthday - then again at 18 (means she/he is an adult...they are llowed to vote) then again for both boys and girls when they turn 21.

Bluehue

robinmarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinmarie Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 1:49pm
post #38 of 43

How many people are helping you to make this cake?

lindav76 Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 3:03pm
post #39 of 43

to decorate we're two.to assemble at the reception hall were three and one guy to help when lifting or assembling the cake

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 5:29pm
post #40 of 43

Don't forget to bring a couple ladders with you for those upper tiers.

doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 9:24am
post #41 of 43

Bluehue, a quincenera is the celebration of a girl's fifteenth birthday. This birthday is celebrated differently from any other birthday, as it marks the transition from childhood to young womanhood. It is celebrated by a mass to give thanks, and a reception where dinner is served. Then she dances a waltz with her father which is supposed to symbolized her first dance as a young woman. Then music is played by either a live band or a deejay while the guests chat, mingle, and dance. It's a wonderful tradition.

lindav76 Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 10:41pm
post #42 of 43

hi ,to all cc members and all that helped me in the past days ...well i finished my cake ,it wasnt that hard i enjoyed working at my own time and speed .
Here are the pictures i took of the cake the bottom tier was mega heavy ,id say 150 lb. no joke ,enjoy thanks again

thank you indydebi,for that quick head count .... :*

lindav76 Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 10:47pm
post #43 of 43

i cant add the pics to the reply so ill have it in my pic if it doesn't work

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%