New To Cake Central! And Also...

Baking By luanhelo Updated 13 Nov 2010 , 3:00pm by luanhelo

luanhelo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luanhelo Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 3:26am
post #1 of 4

New to the art of cake baking! I looked everywhere and couldn't find a marshmallow fondant pictorial/ tutorial / guide / how to or whatever!!! I am planning on baking my daughter's 1st year cake but I want to learn how to do it! Thanks for your help in advance! icon_eek.gif

3 replies
Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 4:00am
post #2 of 4

I'm fairly new to cake decorating too, just celebrated my first year anniversary of my first Wilton class. There is a web site designmeacake.com that has a great recipe and the cake artist Edna De La Cruz, has several tutorials on youtube.
I now always use her recipe because it's the tastiest I've come across.
There is a recipe here on cake central that sounds really good but it looks like more work. I'm making it tomorrow so I'll let you know if it's worth the extra work!
Just remember it's really important to sift your sugar and be aware that humidity can affect the product. When it's raining outside use more sugar or if you're from a dry climate, like I am use more sugar. Also know you'll need to make it in advance because it has to "rest" for at least 5 to 6 hours preferably overnight.

Hope this helps, definitely check out youtube there are tons of tutorial on there!
This is the most fun art form you'll ever come across but I've gained 5 pounds this last year! icon_cry.gif Annette aka Sorelle

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 4:11am
post #3 of 4

check out the recipe tab at the top on the left, and type in MMF in the search. there are lots of marshmallow fondants. some hard, some really easy.

Welcome to cake central. aka.. your new addiction. icon_biggrin.gif

luanhelo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luanhelo Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 3:00pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorelle

I'm fairly new to cake decorating too, just celebrated my first year anniversary of my first Wilton class. There is a web site designmeacake.com that has a great recipe and the cake artist Edna De La Cruz, has several tutorials on youtube.
I now always use her recipe because it's the tastiest I've come across.
There is a recipe here on cake central that sounds really good but it looks like more work. I'm making it tomorrow so I'll let you know if it's worth the extra work!
Just remember it's really important to sift your sugar and be aware that humidity can affect the product. When it's raining outside use more sugar or if you're from a dry climate, like I am use more sugar. Also know you'll need to make it in advance because it has to "rest" for at least 5 to 6 hours preferably overnight.

Hope this helps, definitely check out youtube there are tons of tutorial on there!
This is the most fun art form you'll ever come across but I've gained 5 pounds this last year! icon_cry.gif Annette aka Sorelle

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%