Whoopie Pie Recipe??

Baking By sumerae Updated 12 Nov 2010 , 2:23am by sumerae

sumerae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sumerae Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 1:14am
post #1 of 10

Anyone have a GOOD one?? Thinking some for family for Thanksgiving.

9 replies
adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 2:16am
post #2 of 10

I use this recipe for the cookie: http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/.....etail.aspx It is very soft and not like a cookie, so that is why I decided to turn them into whoopie pies.

Here's a less sweet cream filling that I found on the internet by bdonovan: Measure 1 cup of whole milk into small saucepan. Add 5 tablespoons of sifted flour. (I use Wondra flour. No lumps) Cook on medium heat until thick. Cool. Cream together 1/2 cup (a stick) butter & 1/2 cup shortening till creamy. Add 1/4 tsp. salt, 1 cup sifted powdered sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated. With mixer on slow speed, add the cooled flour mixture one tablespoon at a time. Beat on medium high for 3 - 4 minutes or until mixture has a fluffy-creamy texture.The filling is ready to use. No oozing out the sides of the cakes!

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 2:27am
post #3 of 10

The link on the previous poster's message wouldn't come up so this might be the same recipe, but this is the one I use and it's FABULOUS!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pumpkin-Whoopie-Pies/Detail.aspx

I use cream cheese icing as the filling and everyone who's tried them so far is in lust with them - LOL! I'll be making them for Thanksgiving.

Dang.....now I want one...or six.

sumerae Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 10:16pm
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmansmom2004

The link on the previous poster's message wouldn't come up so this might be the same recipe, but this is the one I use and it's FABULOUS!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pumpkin-Whoopie-Pies/Detail.aspx

I use cream cheese icing as the filling and everyone who's tried them so far is in lust with them - LOL! I'll be making them for Thanksgiving.

Dang.....now I want one...or six.

Cream cheese filling?? Not a marshmellowy type filling? (I love my cream cheese frosting...found on here, BTW so it'd be fine with me!)

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 10:39pm
post #5 of 10

Nope - no marshmallow filling. I love the cream cheese with pumpkin and it's a winner!

I wanna do chocolate whoopie pies for Christmas with a peppermint buttercream filling. Then roll the sides in crushed peppermint candies where the icing oozes out. YUM!!

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 1:18am
post #6 of 10

I am getting ready to make these for a craft show... hoping they go well!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 1:27am
post #7 of 10

check the archives. there's an entire thread on whoopies there.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

LogansMommie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LogansMommie Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 2:01am
post #8 of 10

This is my go to receipe for pumpkin whoopie pies! I make them every year for Thanksgiving and there are never leftovers! So yummy right out of the fridge! Note - I also double the creamcheese filling recipe and use a piping bag to made a nice swirl of icing in the middle! Yum!

Ingredients:
3 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 eggs
1 can (15 oz) solid-pack pumpkin
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Cream Cheese Filling:
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 cups confectioner's sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350.

In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, water, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.

Drop by 2 tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350 for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.

In a small mixing bowl, beat the filling ingredients until smooth. Spread over the bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Store in the refrigerator.

Yields 2 dozen.

*Note - I use a small cookie scooper and make smaller sized cookies and it makes nearly double the amount.

Enjoy!

thin4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thin4life Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 2:21am
post #9 of 10

I have made these and they are to die for!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Mini-Pumpkin-Whoopie-Pies/Detail.aspx

sumerae Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 2:23am
post #10 of 10

Sounds yummy! How far in advance can you make them?? Can you freeaze then thaw/fill later?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%