Need Idea For Cowboy Themed Smash Cake...

Decorating By cakeflake80 Updated 4 Nov 2010 , 9:05pm by Cakegirl313

cakeflake80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeflake80 Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 10:38pm
post #1 of 8

I am making a three tiered cowboy themed cake...the one where one tier is jeans with the belt, one is cow print, the other is red bandana. I can't for the life of me think of what to do for the 6" smash cake that they requested! Any ideas? They don't want much (if any) fondant on that cake, so it would have to be limited to just very fine details.

7 replies
LisaR64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaR64 Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 11:54pm
post #2 of 8

What about a buttercream cake with a small pair of fondant cowboy boots or cowboy hat, or a lasso wrapped around a number 1 (or whatever age the baby is), or maybe a hay bail.

cakeflake80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeflake80 Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 12:03am
post #3 of 8

I love the lasso idea!! I am doing a fondant cowboy hat on the tiered cake, and REALLY don't feel like making boots too....but the lasso around a #1 is perfect!! Thank you!

CakeMom5001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMom5001 Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 12:08am
post #4 of 8

What about a bulls eye.

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 12:19am
post #5 of 8

I've done one in buttercream with in burnt red (my own name for the color that matched the invites) and piped the bandana print on it. Rope border around the bottom. VERY CUTE!

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 12:21am
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaslaura

I've done one in buttercream with in burnt red (my own name for the color that matched the invites) and piped the bandana print on it. Rope border around the bottom. VERY CUTE!

I'm with kansaslaura with the addition of a small fondant cowboy/cowgirl hat on it for WOW factor.
If it's little girl, pink bandanna would be very cute!

hth

Chasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chasey Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 6:18pm
post #7 of 8

What about doing a piped or FBCT picture of a pony? Something western looking and cartoonish for a child. I envision a pony sitting on his rear facing the birthday boy, with a saddle on it's back and a cowboy hat with a #1 on it. You could do a braided rope as the bottom border that's tied in a knot with some tassled ends.

or something along these lines:

http://www.coloring-pages-kids.com/coloring-pages/cartoon-character-coloring-pages/my-little-pony-coloring-pages/my-little-pony-coloring-pages-images/my-little-pony-coloring-page-22.php

Cakegirl313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakegirl313 Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 9:05pm
post #8 of 8

I'm sure you have already completed this, but what about a small cactus. you could cut that out pretty easy and just cover it in green buttercream and put a #1 on it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%