Unhappy Bride - Vent!

Business By pastrychef101 Updated 19 Nov 2010 , 4:14am by bradfab

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 9:44pm
post #61 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiptop57

EXACTLY WHY I don't do weddings.

Perhaps a "No Zillas" sign in your establishment might be in order.

I know a photographer who has a clause in her contract that forbids brides from being bridezillas. I don't know how she enforces it, but I guess it makes a point when the clients read it!

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 10:05pm
post #62 of 70

"We contacted all of my other brides for that particular weekend and none of them ended up with the Heath Bar mousse in their cakes. I guess it disappeared into a black hole. "

Yeah, and that black hole was the mouth of all the guests...there wasn't anything wrong with that cake.

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 10:18pm
post #63 of 70

I would love to see the Brides face if you get a picture of the cake cutting... Hmmm, I wonder what she would say then. icon_lol.gif
Jodi icon_smile.gif

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 1:28pm
post #64 of 70

I'd LOVE for you to be able to ask a guest. Now I remember why small towns are so cool to live in, LMBO!! (ok so every BODY in your business isn't cool, but hey it's easy to get info, lol)

keconnell08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keconnell08 Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 6:11am
post #65 of 70

Didnt read through all the pages but in my opinion its up to her to provide proof that you did anything wrong. No proof-no refund.

cakenovice2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenovice2010 Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 4:23pm
post #66 of 70

I agree, no proof - no refund! Do you know what bakery she got the cupcakes from? Could you call and ask them about their order.

I think it's another case of wedding bill remorse and they want to get something back. If she calls again I would state that you will need a piece of the cake, a photograph of the cake cut to provide any sort of refund.

When I have my contracts finished one stipulation will definitely be "We do not provide refunds for consumed products." If he has an allergy that severe as a bride I would ask someone to call the cake place the day of or the day after and provide photos and proof the filling was wrong.

If it was eaten and no proof it was the wrong filling, no refund at all.

sparkleshine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparkleshine Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 10:26pm
post #67 of 70

I was reading along and just had to ask how this was resolved!

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 2:19am
post #68 of 70

Darn, I Read to the end, but there was no end! What happened?

njusaguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
njusaguy Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 3:06am
post #69 of 70

Don't call the cupcake bakery. Don't try to find another guest who attended the wedding. Don't call the venue again. This is taking too much time and causing too much angst for you.

If she calls again (and I agree with the other posts about not accepting abusive language from her), calmly tell her that according to your records and the research you have done, it is not even possible for her to have had raspberry filling in her wedding cake. Tell her if she has proof in the form of leftover cake or a photo that clearly proves the wrong type of filling, then you will consider talking about the possibility of a discount on her cake (NOT a refund). The burden of proof is on her.

By the way, beware of how people can alter photos in Photoshop!

bradfab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bradfab Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 4:14am
post #70 of 70

You should send the bride an invoice:

Charge: Cake $120 (paid on 10/22/10)
Credit: Refund for alleged mistake $120
Charge: 10 hours of labor to determine course of action regarding cake $20/hour = $200

Total Due: $200
Please remit full amount to our bakery within 14 days.

In all seriousness, she's already won. You've spent way too much time on this. In court, the complainant (plaintiff) has the burden of proof. The bride has the burden of proof. Tell her that and be done with it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%