Wilton Or Other Instruction Method?

Decorating By Chefmomrd Updated 15 Nov 2010 , 6:35pm by Melvira

retaunton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
retaunton Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 4:06pm
post #31 of 34

My bff is a WMI, she has taught at Michaels, Hobby Lobby and JoAnn's. She is an excellent teacher. That is how I met her. I took the Wilton classes at Hobby Lobby. She opened her own shop in May 2010 selling supplies and teaching classes. All this is a preface for saying that I know what the first course entails and it should not have ended early. As a matter of fact, she extended all her Wilton courses by thirty minutes. She felt that at the stores it was cheating students time because she had to allow clean-up time. She is able to do this since it is her store.

I would definitely call Wilton and you may want to talk to your instructor outside of class to tell her how disappointed you were that class seemed so short. And to get perspective about the upcoming classes.

As others have said it is way too easy to become an Wilton instructor. Also as other have said the main purpose is to push their products. The instructor in the next town over is not a very good one and my friend is getting her students. I wished you lived in Sherman, Texas and could go take classes from my friend. She is an awesome instructor.

Chefmomrd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chefmomrd Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 5:13pm
post #32 of 34

So, the end of the story is - Wilton said they spoke with the instructor and it appears that she had some misunderstanding about the curriculum since she's new and the curriculum has recently changed and blah blah blah. They offered me a $30 gift of my choice. So I'll be taking the class next month with the other instructor. The end. Thanks so much for encouraging me to speak up. Yes, you were right, my instict did tell the truth. I've already spoken with the other instructor and I'm looking forward to starting her class in a couple of weeks.

Aurora_333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aurora_333 Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 5:58pm
post #33 of 34

I am glad to hear that you got everything worked out because I really enjoyed my Wilton courses. I hope you have lots of fun, and don't forget to post pictures.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 6:35pm
post #34 of 34

Well that is a HAPPY ending! Yay! I am so glad you spoke up and they treated you very well! I am also glad you're continuing with another instructor and not 'giving up'. You will get a lot out of the courses I'm sure. They are very useful!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%