Convection Wall Ovens Vs. Commercial Ovens

Business By tootie0809 Updated 30 Oct 2010 , 10:26pm by zubia

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 6:30pm
post #1 of 3

Tell me if my thinking is off. I'm planning on buying a new oven. I'm torn between a Vulcan commercial convection oven (1/2 size) vs. a double convection wall oven (Kenmore Elite brand). The double wall oven actually has more cubic feet and space than the commercial oven when you combine both ovens. Both top and bottom are convection with fans. I'd save about $1200 doing the double oven vs. the commercial oven. I've been using a double oven for the past year, but it's about 20 years old and thermal heat, so I can only bake one rack at a time. I'm looking to be able to bake more at a time. Would it be better to spend the extra $1200 for the commercial oven? I just don't know the best way to go but leaning towards the wall oven and saving the $$ for a new mixer or freezer.

2 replies
howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 30 Oct 2010 , 10:07pm
post #2 of 3

I don't know anything about those ovens but I wouldn't get it if I couldn't put full sheet pans in.

zubia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zubia Posted 30 Oct 2010 , 10:26pm
post #3 of 3

Iam also planning on getting a comercial oven .Haven't started looking yet but my understanding is that they cook faster then home ovens. Iam sure someone will jump in the give you better advise.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%