Baked Cake Pops Thread

Decorating By Charmed Updated 30 Nov 2010 , 8:11pm by littlegreywitch

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 2:50pm
post #1 of 11

I am looking for the thread that was about baking the cake pops after forming them but can't find them. Anyone knows where I can find it? thanks and whatever search I do if I click on next page it gives me the *topic doesn't exist" message.. do you have the same problem?

10 replies
cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 5:35pm
post #2 of 11

I dont bake my cakepops after they are formed....they are made of baked cake. I may just be misunderstanding your question.

Charmed Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 5:48pm
post #3 of 11

I made them also without baking them again but In that thread it said the cake balls are formed and then they are baked again. so they are twice baked!

Charmed Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 6:00pm
post #4 of 11

Well I found it finally using google search. here it is if anyone is interested:
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=51807&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=30

cookiemama2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemama2 Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 6:02pm
post #5 of 11

I'd love to know as well.
Cake balls are a nightmare for me.
Are you asking how to or do you remember how you made them?

vicki3336 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicki3336 Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 6:02pm
post #6 of 11

I can get into the thread through my "watched topics" list. I'm not sure I'm posting the below link correctly, but hopefully it will work for you.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-51807.html

cookiemama2 Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 6:07pm
post #7 of 11

Oh no...something new to try!!!
Thanks for sharing.

littlegreywitch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlegreywitch Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 10:20pm
post #8 of 11

you can go to the creater of cake pops site
bakerellas cake pops
its an awsome site and ive made elmo ones so far ... there the perfect size for little ones to eat though everyone seams to love them lol
there made from pre baked cake crumbled and icing added to be able to get them into balls then i use icing coloured red to cover them and bits of chocolate buttons for mouths etc and fondant for eyes
good luck and happy baking icon_wink.gif

cookiemama2 Posted 31 Oct 2010 , 7:33pm
post #9 of 11

I just read this and have to post.
Not quite what the original post was...but pretty funny!

http://offbeatbride.com/2010/10/diy-fail?ref=nf

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 31 Oct 2010 , 11:25pm
post #10 of 11

cookiemama2, I just read the article you posted... hysterical! I'd love to give a copy of it to my "I can do that myself for less money" brides.

littlegreywitch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlegreywitch Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 8:11pm
post #11 of 11

lmao cookiemama ...I just read your post and it sounds kinda like my first attempt at cake balls ... they should tell you that you have to remove the crust from the cake before crumbling it and that you should practice the balls your attempting a few times before you need to make them ... I also found that using icing and colouring it is soo much easier than using candy melts ...sighs well at least mine were for a 2 year old and a 4 year old so they didnt care what they looked like

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%