White Cake Recipe With Added Mini Choc. Chips

Baking By gigiel Updated 26 Oct 2010 , 3:20am by Normita

gigiel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gigiel Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 12:13am
post #1 of 5

Does anyone have a tested recipe for a white cake with the mini chocolate chips in the cake? I tested one that I have used for cupcakes and it was awful baked in an 8" round layer. It was too dense and all the choc. chips went to the bottom of the pan and stuck terribly to the pan even though I had preped it as always (greased & floured.)
I love the cake mix doctors recipes (cake mixes modified with added ingredients.) Problem free, and taste great.
I prefer adding choc chips to a mix, but am willing to try anything if recommended. Prefer a 'sturdier' recipe (good for layering, possibly sculpting) as opposed to a feather light white cake.
THANKS!!!

4 replies
gigiel Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 2:11am
post #2 of 5

? icon_surprised.gif

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 2:21am
post #3 of 5

I have used the choco wasc version with added choco chips and it worked great. I'm sure it would work with the regular WASC. I have heard that some people toss their chips in flour so they wont sink down to the bottom. Have never tried it though....hope this helps icon_smile.gif

gigiel Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 2:43am
post #4 of 5

I love the wasc! Just didn't want to invest more time/money experimenting. Maybe I'll leave out the almond flavoring.
thank you!
The lady who requested the cake said, "I've had white cake with mini choc. chips in it at a baby shower, and it was delicious!" I just thought it'd be soo easy to find a good/popular recipe. Went to cake mix dr's site, cooks.com, recipe zaar (to find out that site no longer exists) and here. So frustrating. Sounds so simple.

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 3:20am
post #5 of 5

When I make my WASC all I use is vanilla unless, I am making another flavor. I wouldnt use another recipe, just add choco chips and you would be fine. Try it out on a sample cake to see how it works out for you. I have also used the mini choco chips and they have been great.....again, only on choco cake...have not tried on reg WASC

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%