People Are So Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Decorating By JGMB Updated 27 Oct 2010 , 7:05pm by bakencake

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 7:41pm
post #1 of 21

Today, I was in the next town over. I decided to pop into the library to see if they had any cake decorating books that my library doesn't. Well, they happened to be having a book sale. I gathered up $12 worth of cake, cookie and pie-making books. One librarian remarked that I must bake a lot and asked if I had a business.

I told her that I just bake for charity, but that it keeps me so busy that I'd done 3 birthday cakes and 48 cupcakes this week. When I went up to the counter to pay, they absolutely insisted that I take all of the books for free. I couldn't believe it -- it just made my whole day!!! icon_razz.gif

20 replies
Bubbl3h3ad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bubbl3h3ad Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 7:54pm
post #2 of 21

Wow! That IS nice! Lucky you!

tsal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsal Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 8:00pm
post #3 of 21

Wow! Good for you!!

MamaD77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaD77 Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 8:04pm
post #4 of 21

Well, there you go! Sometimes in life, a little unexpected kindness comes along, and it makes everyone's day! Lovely. icon_biggrin.gif

They must have been in admiration for your kindness and generosity, and in turn you were by theirs. Lovely story, thanks for sharing! thumbs_up.gif

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 8:11pm
post #5 of 21

One good turn deserves another!! You reaped the benefits of your good deeds! Good for you, and great for those who you are baking your special treats for!! KUDOS!!

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 11:20pm
post #6 of 21

How very nice of them. It's kind of like they "paid it forward" for the recipients of your cakes and cupcakes!

sexy_baker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sexy_baker Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 8:51am
post #7 of 21

That was so nice of them...Maybe it was a gift for you after all the good deeds you've done for other people as well. You very well deserved it! icon_smile.gif

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 9:39am
post #8 of 21

ah thats really sweet icon_biggrin.gif

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 10:21am
post #9 of 21

Good karma breeding more good karma!

Good on you icon_smile.gif

Bluebelles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluebelles Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 10:31am
post #10 of 21

That is so sweet of you to donate so much time baking for the needy. You deserve good things in life.

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 11:12am
post #11 of 21

That was so kind of them! icon_biggrin.gif I hope you got some good new recipes too icon_biggrin.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 11:43am
post #12 of 21

icon_smile.gif That is awesome! Good begets good. thumbs_up.gif

Melvira Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 2:13pm
post #13 of 21

I'd like to add how much I enjoyed reading this, because a lot of the time, the title to this thread would be sarcasm and the thread would've been about how someone hosed them. That happens so much more often these days than someone actually being kind and generous. I just love it when we get one of these actual happy threads. icon_biggrin.gif

debbief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbief Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 2:38pm
post #14 of 21

How sweet. Love it when people do nice things just because! thumbs_up.gif

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 4:52pm
post #15 of 21

Karma!

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 4:59pm
post #16 of 21

Thanks for sharing in my joy, everyone! I actually sent a thank-you card to the Friends of the Library, and I offered to make treats for one of their meetings. I hope they take me up on it -- I LOVE to bake!

Melvira Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 5:04pm
post #17 of 21

And see, you're perpetuating the good vibes! That is really sweet of you. I have to say, I do 'nice' things simply to be nice, but I can't really think of a single time I did a 'freebie' or 'gift' order just to do something nice, and didn't end up with paying orders from it. Goodness is it's own reward, don't they say that? But there are other rewards too! icon_lol.gif

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 5:13pm
post #18 of 21

That's awesome! Good vibes.....good vibes thumbs_up.gif

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 6:25pm
post #19 of 21

That's great!

infinitsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infinitsky Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 6:41pm
post #20 of 21

Thanks for sharing your story with us, it is really heartwarming....

bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 7:05pm
post #21 of 21
Quote:
Quote:

I'd like to add how much I enjoyed reading this, because a lot of the time, the title to this thread would be sarcasm and the thread would've been about how someone hosed them. That happens so much more often these days than someone actually being kind and generous. I just love it when we get one of these actual happy threads. Very Happy

I agree!!! just reading all the good things that everyone is posting puts me in a giving mood thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%