Urgent Help With Fondant Please........

Decorating By pinkjacs Updated 21 Oct 2010 , 11:53pm by CWR41

pinkjacs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkjacs Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 8:53pm
post #1 of 2

I am working with the brand of fondant I work with all the time. I needed to make nude colour fondant so mixed brown with flesh and got the perfect colour. It took a while to mix and well it started to crack it was to cover a pretty big cake. I measured cake measured the fondant decided t put it on. BAD IDEA I must have miss measured and I am about 1 inch short in the width and at one side the fondant cracked and I couldnt save it, I now dont know what to do I have never had this happen before and I could cry the cake is for tomorrow and I dont have enough stuff to start agan but my instinct it that I have to. its a rectangle cake and it looks pants I am so gutted I could cry icon_sad.gif

even if I do redo it I still have to colour it so would still face the drying out issue

PLEASE HELP FAST

1 reply
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 11:53pm
post #2 of 2

Have you fixed it yet?

I'd suggest removing your fondant, re-knead it and if you used BC underneath it which came off along with the fondant, that's okay (as long as it doesn't have crumbs). When you knead the BC into the fondant it also solves the problems you mentioned of dry and cracked.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%