Edible Images On Fondant

Decorating By cakeaddikt Updated 22 Oct 2010 , 3:42pm by icingimages

cakeaddikt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeaddikt Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 6:11pm
post #1 of 7

I am new to edible images, I just purchased all of my equipment but I have a question. When placing the printed icing sheet on fondant does it still show up as white or will the actual icing sheet white color turn transparent once placed on cake. I was just wondering this becuase if the cake is another color other than white, then will the printed image plus the icing sheet still show? I figure I will have to cut the image out once printed but what if it is writing that is printed and you just want the writing image placed on a cake that is colored?? Just wondering.

6 replies
lifeisgood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lifeisgood Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 6:16pm
post #2 of 7

I used a white one on colored fondant and it went transparent. It was a recipe card leaning on the handle of the basket. I had used a bit of piping gel to make sure it stayed there.

gingerbreadtogo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingerbreadtogo Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 6:27pm
post #3 of 7

lifeisgood, where do you get your edible paper or frosting sheets? I use frosting sheets from kopykake and they stay white. I would love edible sheets that go transparent. Thanks

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 6:38pm
post #4 of 7

Hi!

I do this all the time. Take a look at my photos. I have several cakes with
edible images. ALL of them are placed on white fondant and left to dry for several dies, until nice and firm.

The image or the frosting sheet does not change color. It goes on great and dries the same way.

HTH

Michael

cakeaddikt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeaddikt Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 10:16pm
post #5 of 7

I bought my icing sheets from Kopykake. But now i'm nervous because I dont want them to stay white when placed on a cake of a different color. @Mikel79 and @lifeisgood, where do you get your icing sheets from?

lifeisgood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lifeisgood Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 10:57pm
post #6 of 7

Mine came with my Cricut machine. They're available at Michaels. I cut them down to fit my printer.

Maybe it's using the piping gel??

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 3:42pm
post #7 of 7

The icing sheets do not go transparent per say, they are more opaque. What this means is you can see through them, but they do not turn the color of the icing that is underneath the image. There are transparancies, but in order to see the ink with a transparancies, they must be on a lighter background. The transparancies are generally used with chocolates. Purchasing the cricut icing sheets are very expensive, about $3 each sheet. The cricut sheets are 10x10. It is best to order the icing sheets that are ment for printing as they run a little over $1 per sheet.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%