Covering A 6 In Syrafoam Ball With Fondant???

Decorating By annieO316 Updated 21 Oct 2010 , 8:59pm by annieO316

annieO316 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annieO316 Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 1:01am
post #1 of 3

I am attepting the Ton and Jerry cake Ive found on here. Using strafoam for head. How do i cover without there being pleats. A video would be great as well. Thank you in advance. The cake is for Sat. Since the head isnt edible, Im starting now to see if even possible.

2 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 1:29am
post #2 of 3

when i made the base ball for my glove cake in my pics, i put some modeling chocolate in with my fondant. it made it much easier to cover. i just rolled out what i thought i needed, held the stryfoam ball in my hand. and went from there. when i just used fondant, it didn,t do. tried 4-5 times that way. but the modeling chocolate in with my fondant did the trick. it took me about 2-3 tries. i could do another one in one try now though. you just get the feel after doing one. know what i mean. i looked for all kinds of tutorials. there is none. after you get it down to the bottom,etc. take off the extra. hold in both hands and roll around and around. until it looks like you like it. hth

annieO316 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annieO316 Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 8:59pm
post #3 of 3

Thank u for response. I just seen this, so ive already did it...a little messy, my first problem was not being able to roll put fobdant big enough to cover ball...never covered anything with fondant, have only used as accents. And I can see ot really is just practice, practice....so u actually mix in the modeling choc with the fondant? Is that the same as candy melts u find @ Michaels? Thx for info. I am VERY new icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%