Stencil Storage - Help

Decorating By lsmcvay Updated 20 Oct 2010 , 5:07pm by daltonam

lsmcvay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lsmcvay Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 4:22pm
post #1 of 3

I have a problem. I am a military spouse who moves about every 2 years. I have been able to maintain good clientele at each location and my techniques and tools have expanded greatly. My big problem right now are my cake stencils. I LOVE using stencils...and even have a few that I have designed and made myself. I store all my smaller round, shorter border, and cupcake/cookie stencils in a portable file box with labeled hanging folders. However...my large stencils and longer border stencils????? I was wondering what people use for their storage (other than having an awesome little nail to hang them on!!). We are embarking on our 3rd international move in Dec., and I want them ALL to arrive flat and intact!

Thank you for your time!

2 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 4:32pm
post #2 of 3

Look in art supply stores and get a portfolio that will fit them. They should have different sizes, and you'll be able to store them all flat and not damage them.

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 5:07pm
post #3 of 3

I've not used alot of them, but assuming you mean long ones or larger than a sheet of paper.......here's my thought. Would a tube work. They make them for packing & shipping posters, prints, blueprints, etc etc.....you could roll them, then they wouldn't be folded.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%